I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 16 Part 1

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 16 Part 1


Translator: Masakibluei

It’s been half a year since I started working at Hare.


Nanari: “This is the request form.”

 

I hand over a piece of paper with a smile.

Today the weather is good and business is good too. There are a lot of exorcists and clients coming to Hare. Perhaps because there are many people eating their lunch here, the fragrant smells of nicely seasoned grilled meat reach the place where I am sitting.

Smells so good, I also want to eat lunch soon.

I put my hand on my belly which seems like it is going to sing.

 

Client: “Then, please do.”

Nanari: “Yes, I have received your request.”

 

After I received the request form with the signature of the client, I make another copy of the paper. The one piece of paper now has become 2 pieces of paper in a split second. Now I’m already used to these kinds of menial works. When I look at the exorcist who devours the meat vigorously, I spontaneously feel jealous. I think to myself, ‘The meat looks so tasty’. While my mind is occupied about the meat, at the moment, I’m still in the middle of the work, dealing with the clients who are keep coming one after another. From simple request to difficult request, negotiating the fee and double check the information for verification are the laborious jobs that I have to do. Even though it’s lunch time, I don’t have time to take a break. So tough.

 

Exorcist: “Oi, oi, isn’t there any better job!?”

Harris: “Currently these are the jobs that are available for your rank.”

Exorcist: “Aa!?”

 

It seems that my job is not that difficult. The receptionist for the exorcist seems to have a harder time.  Harris, my senior who wears glasses, smile brightly and act friendly while dealing with a group of arrogant exorcists.

 

Although I’m not going to tell them not to overestimate their own ability, I have the urge to told those men who look down on women to get lost.

Despite her gentle and weak appearance, Harris One-san has an unbendable strong heart. Once she has decided on something, she will straightly follow it through. When her glasses ominously shining, then her opponent will see hell.

 

Exorcist: “I don’t think this job suits me-“

Harris: “But this request..” 

Exorcist: “A, this one is pretty good.”

 

Next to Harris One-san, another receptionist is dealing with another exorcist. If they keep saying that the jobs do not suit them, asking for a better job while keep complaining about the request forms which are presented by senpai, then the talk won’t move on. Even though on the outside senpais are smiling, they must be boiling in the inside.

Although I said that all the receptionists are women before, the majority of the employees in Hare are women too. There are male employees too, but almost all of them are working on the field. Hence, there are a lot of female employees working in this building. The proportion of the male and female ratio of Hare is 8 to 2. Of course, the number 8 represents the female employees, while the 2 represents the male employees. Furthermore, most of the female employees are young, while the male employees are the opposite. A lot of them are middle age men of 40 to 50 years old.

There is a reason for this. The young men probably prefer to join the chivalric order than Hare. By joining the chivalric order, you will get the honor of serving the king, and become popular among the citizen. Because of the glory, there were a lot of my male classmates that wanted to join the Chivalric Order after graduation.

 Then I remembered my last conversation with the Director. 


Director Loctis: “Nanari! The next time you see the Chief of the Chivalric Order, it doesn’t need to be salt, just summon some ghost worms!”

Nanari:” I got it. The next time, I will definitely do it.”

 

There are only a few of men who apply for job in Hare. The relationship between the Chief Commander and Director is already bad, this problem adds more fuel into the fire. Thus, the Director becomes antipathy toward the Chief Commander.

Nevertheless, the job in Hare can be categorized as working behind the scene. Compare to the Chivalric Order, there is no glory. On the opposite, a lot of people who had joined the Chivalric Order, when they are old and unable to perform with the knight duties, left the order and joined Hare. Most of them are middle age men. As a matter of course, the Director won’t hire the people whose abilities is low, despite their past experience, she won’t compromise at all. These was told by the man who guided me to meet the Director on my first day at Hare.

 The man who guided me was one of them. When he was 30 years old, he left the Chivalric Order, and now he has been working at Hare for 10 years. However, he never told anything about his previous work in the Chivalric Order. Not even once. Apparently, anyone who retired from the Chivalric Order will be forced to make a blood oath of secrecy in order to prevent information leak. Therefore, he cannot speak about the internal information and anything related to the Chivalric Order.

Once you make a blood oath, you cannot break it by yourself. 

 

Nanari: “Hi, What is your request……”

Little girl: “Hiii”

Nanari: “Hello.”

 

While having various thoughts on my mind, I continue on with my own work.

 

Nanari : “How old are you?”

Little girl: “Two.”

Nanari: “2 years old, huh. Amazing.”

Little Girl: “Uh huh!”

The Girl’s Mom: “I’m sorry.”

 

A very lovely pair of mother and daughter. The little girl with a light blond hair is tied up in twin tail. She is sitting on her mother’s knee while happily looking at the blank request form paper. She seems very curious about the paper.

When I see her like that, I am involuntarily reminded of my past childhood self. When I came here with Dad in the past, was I the same as her? Secretly, I feel embarrassed. I feel itchy of myself.

 

The Girl’s Mom: “Haaa…”

 

For some unknown reason, the mother’s facial expression is not good. While patting and caressing her daughter's head, she keeps looking dejected. She definitely not feeling good.

 

Nanari: “Are you alright?”

 

Although I think it’s impolite for me to ask her this question, but her face looks really bad so I raised my voice and asked her. After I asked her that, the mother lets out a long sigh and cast her eyes downwards.

Aaaaa, what to do?? I made a blunder!! Thus, I am sweating cold sweats.

Why I asked her that? Because for the whole time when I asked her what is her request, she just let out a sigh and did not talk at all. The only one who talks to me is her daughter. But the one who needs to talk is the mother and she keeps being silent for the whole time.

Is this a test? Subsequently, I come into this conclusion. Perhaps my ability as Hare staff is being tested.

 

The Girl’s Mom: “…………My husband, has not come back since yesterday.”

 

Then when my face turns pale, she suddenly lifts up her head and looks at me.

 

Nanari: “Your husband?”

 

What’s this. An affair investigation?

Instinctively, I lean my body forwards, but then Zozo-san who is sitting right next to me hits my knee. Thus, I return to my original position.

I’m sorry. I was being impudent.

 

The Girl’s Mom: “After he went to the forest, he hasn’t come back.”

 

The client lady, Mariah-san, after she said that, she tightly hugs her daughter who is sitting on her knee. Mariah’s slightly curly dark brown hair is tied up in one ponytail with long bangs. When you see through her bangs, her lifeless green eyes can be seen. While her daughter looks happy on the outside, in the inside, she seems to be sad too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translator note:
Finally, she seems to have her first serious case. 


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.

Comments

Post a Comment