I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 17 Part 1

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 17 Part 1

Translator: Masakibluei


Zozo: “ She is truly a beautiful Lycos as usual”

Nanari: “Lala is definitely the most beautiful Lycos in the world.”

Zozo: “Nanari, you are like a stupid parent.”

Nanari: “I’m not a stupid parent. I’m a fool only for Lala. On the other hand, Zozo-san’s Puru is very cool.”

 

Zozo-san's familiar is Futera Liondal, a lion beast with wings. The familiar has a very big pair of wings on its body and an elastic tail.

 

Zozo: “You think so? Thanks.”

 

In order to officially accept Mariah-san’s request, I and Zozo-san are heading to the east side of the forest by riding on our familiars. When you look at the kingdom from the sky, you can see that the kingdom is surrounded by forest. The forest looks very green and beautiful, but when you get to know that there are demons wandering in the forest and look at it again, you will realize that this place does not welcome you at all. When you are inside, you will be in constant danger and unable to keep your heart calm.

As a matter of fact, the knights of the Chivalric Order are always periodically refining the barrier between the forest and the kingdom with magic. Despite their efforts, sometimes the demons are able to break through the barrier. Thus, you can not rest assure about the barrier. Nevertheless, the barrier still helps to prevent the demons from crossing over to the country. However, humans can cross over the barrier without any difficulty to go into the forest, and this has become a problem.

 

Nanari: “That’s the east side of the forest and over there is Mariah-san’s house. There are a lot of Pockels too.”

 

While looking at the map, we are flying in circles to ascertain the place. On the open greenery space, there are a lot of herbivore animals, Pockels.

 

Nanari: “All of those are going to be meats……”

Zozo: “Oh yeah. We haven’t eaten lunch yet. “

 

While riding on Lala’s fluffy body, my stomach starts to growl. Even though I have completely forgotten about my empty stomach up until now, her words make my body remember.

The feeling of hungriness turns into despair.

Seeing me who becomes depressed out of hunger, Zozo-san promises me that she will treat me for dinner in the evening. It makes me squint my eyes because Zozo-san is sparkling brilliantly at the same time she says that.

What a cool senior. I also want to become a cool woman like her. (Nanari)

 

Nanari: “According to Mariah-san, that seems to be the place where Gouda-san entered the forest. “

Zozo: “The place where they release the Pockels is really closed to the east forest. But there are fences around the place. By a chance, did it jump over it?”

Nanari: “Apparently, when Pockel senses that it is in danger, it will vigorously run with its 6 legs. It's even able to jump over a huge tree. “

Zozo: “As I expected.”

 

Right before we went out, Mariah-san had given us permission to enter the premise. Thus, I and Zozo-san land on the grazing area near the east forest. We land quietly so that we won’t scare off the pockels. Fortunately, there are no pockels in the space between us and the forest. Because there are so many pockels in the area, we walk toward the forest while avoiding any contact with them.

 

Zozo: “Somehow the atmosphere here is bad. Perhaps you can feel it by instinct.”

Nanari: “You might be right. Zozo-san, shall we go outside the fence?”

Zozo: “Yes, let’s go………eh, what’s this. Is the forest is supposed to be so creepy like this?”

Nanari: “It’s kind of dark, isn’t it.”

 

When we reach the front of the fence and look at the forest, you can feel an eerie feeling on your skin. There is no single pockel standing close by the forest and even though it’s still in the middle of the day, the temperature is cold.

My white uniform is the type that covers up all of my body to my neck, but I can still feel the cold air on my arm.

I tap my shoulder and Lala who has turned smaller in size sits on my shoulder. Meanwhile, Zozo-san’s Futera Liondal also turns smaller and becomes like a kitten. Then it comfortably sits on her head. There is a huge difference between its current appearance and its original appearance. Although it does not have that much strength in this form, currently its appearance is 100 times cuter than its original appearance.

 

Zozo: “Oh yeah. Nanari, can you write down the note about the surrounding environment and the characteristics of the demons when it appears on the preliminary survey paper?”

Nanari: “Yes.”

 

I take out a piece of paper that was given by Arquez from a small bag that is attached to my belt. Next to the bag, there is my Goddess stick. After I stroke my Goddess stick, I unfold the paper.

 

Zozo: “Let’s go inside.”

Nanari: “Yes.”

 

I nearly tear up the paper on my hand when she rushes me to go with her. 

 

Nanari: “Are we going into the forest already?”

Zozo: “That's because we have to finish this before it gets dark. “

 

As she says that, I lead myself to go into the forest.

Zozo-san walks silently without any hesitation. I feel that she has a lot of guts and I do not have it as much as she has. It’s reassuring that there are a lot of female seniors in Hare who are physically and mentally strong.

As we go deeper into the forest, there are more vegetations and it becomes darker. The trees are so dense with each other without any gap in between for the sunlight to come through.

I see. This might be the reason why it’s chilly here. Moreover, when we were on the way to get here, we still saw some birds flying and other signs of living creatures. But I feel nothing here at all. I don’t hear any birds singing.

Ultimately, I cannot judge whether it’s good or bad that there are no single living animal lives in the forest. At least, I think that there might be some problem here that makes this forest does not have any living creatures inside. Even though demons are lurking in the forest, they never target the animals without any magical power thus, but that’s irrelevant.

 

Lala: “ Nanari-sama. There is no single living creatures can be found here.:

Nanari: “You are right. Even you cannot find any insect flying.

Lala: “That’s really weird.”

 

As we proceed even deeper to the heart of the forest, the faint visibility gradually becomes total darkness to the point that you cannot see anything at all. The light does not reach this place and I can only see as far as the length of my arm. Thus, I snaps my finger and cast a small ball of light. The ball of light appears on my hand and float slightly on top of me and Zozo-san. With this, it will be easier to see around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translator note: 

Thanks for all the coffee. These days it kinds of hard to keep continue translating with my busy schedule. But your coffees keep me awake in the middle of the night. I will continue to do my best. Cheers. 


--------
Previous TOC  Next Chapter


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.


Comments

Post a Comment