I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 15 Part 2

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 15 Part 2

Translator: Masakibluei

The people in the town market are waving their hands and screaming at them. The knights seem to be really popular among the citizen………No, ‘seem to be’ is not the right word. They are truly genuinely popular among the citizen.

Unlike the Pegasus, the knights are dressed in black uniforms. From what I see vaguely, they seem trustworthy. While looking at the group of the knights with half-closed eyes, I find a nostalgic appearance among them. The beautiful blonde hair is fluttering by the wind.

 

Nanari: “Nike!”

 

I call my friend’s name with a loud voice. Inwardly I am worried if I mistake her with someone else, but it’s too late because I already spontaneously screamed without thinking. If I was mistaken, I will feign ignorance and run out of the town market to escape. However, to begin with, my voice might not be plausible to be heard from that place.

After I yell out, the group of the knights stop in the middle of the sky and then a big Pegasus flying apart from the group and heads toward here. The person who is riding the Pegasus certainly has similar characteristics as Nike, so my guess before was not wrong.

 

Nike: “Nanari!”

 

She waves her hand from on top of the Pegasus.

 

Nanari: “Nike! It’s been a while.”

 

I run to the place where she is about to descend. Although we are still in the market, there are no carts around the place. Because there are a lot of people at the previous place, she is landing on some other broad empty space.

Compare to my feet, Pegasus’s wings are much faster. When I arrive at the place, both Nike and the Pegasus have already landed on the ground a little bit earlier.

 

Nike: “I wanted to see you!!”

 

She caresses the head of the Pegasus, then comes to greet me with open arms. Without hesitation, I run into her arms and hug her back. The knight uniform is bristly to the touch which makes me feel uncomfortable, however I am so happy to meet Nike that I don’t care about it.


Nike: “Your hair color is quite peculiar, it’s easy to spot from the sky! Therefore, I recognize that is Nanari right away! “

Nanari: “I, I see.”

 

She buries her face on my neck length hair and hugs me even tighter. Once again, someone has said that my hair color is quite peculiar which irk me. However, Nike looks happy when she cheerfully said those words. Thus, I start to consider it as a good thing.

 

Nanari: “I’m sorry. I called you out with a loud voice while you were in the middle of the work.”

Nike: “It’s alright. It was just regular patrolling, so practically I was not busy.”

Nanari: “Is that so?”


Even though I am the one who called her, I start to wonder if it’s alright for her to leave her group and come here. When I ask her will she be fine if she does not return, she replies with absolute confident that it will be fine. Thus, I decide to stop pursuing further.

We release our hands from each other to see each other’s faces more easily.

 

Nike: “Moreover, frankly speaking, the knights in my group are all very strong.”

Nanari: “Strong?”

 

Nike points her finger at the group of the knights that are flying on the sky. When I look closely at the group, all the knights wear the same uniform and it makes them look pretty strong. No, they are pretty strong in reality. After all, Nike said so herself.

In front of the group, there is a person who is physically bigger than the rest of the knights, and somehow, he seems familiar………He is the chief of the Chivalric Order and for unknown reason, he has a stern look on his face while looking at us.

Suddenly I remember about what Director Loctis said to me previously, ‘If you happen to meet the ‘hairy face’ again, please sprinkle some salt on him.’ However, as I meet him face to face in reality now, I have neither the courage nor salt to throw at him. Thus, I quickly erase Director’s face out of my mind.

 

I’m sorry, Director Loctis.

I don’t have any salt with me.

 

Then behind the Chief of the Chivalric order, a person with jet black hair……

That person is possibly………

 

Nanari: “E, Prince Zenon?”

 

Nike: “We are in the same group.”

 

This surprises me. I didn’t expect that Nike and Prince Zenon would belong to the same group. Furthermore, she never wrote about it in her letters, so I am surprised. Although he is a close friend, he is a prince of the kingdom. Thus, Nike might avoid to write anything about him in the letter. He does not wear his usual military uniform, so I didn’t notice him at the first glance. Despite wearing the knight uniform, his prince aura and noble bearing break through the clothes.

While still riding on top of the Pegasus, the prince raises his hand at me. As a consequence, I also raise my hand at him. In response, the Pegasus which Prince Zenon rides on, bows his head at me. The fact that a noble animal like Pegasus would bows down at me makes me confuse. But then I think it might bow down to me out of consideration of Prince Zenon who cannot bow his head down. When the Pegasus bows his head down, a horn that is similar to the one that belongs to a unicorn can be seen sticking out on his head. Thus, I wonder if it is another type of animal.

However, when I ask Nike about it, that animal seems to be born within the herds of Pegasus and Unicorn.  And it is the only one that looks like that.

 

I see.

Perhaps, it’s a mixed breed of Pegasus and unicorn?

 

Most of the time, the Chivalric Order knights ride on a Pegasus instead of their familiar. In other countries, a lot of their knights ride on their own familiar, however in Dolan kingdom, riding a Pegasus is the pride and symbol of the Chivalric Order.

Nevertheless, in Nike’s group, there are the Chief of the Chivalric order and Prince Zenon. Her group must be an elite one, isn’t it………If that is the case, ‘that guy’ must be in her group too.

 

Nanari: “…………?”

Nike: “What’s wrong? Nanari?”

 

Eh, he is not there. The person that I thought might be there, is not there.

Why? He was always with the Prince, so I thought this time too he would be in the same group as Prince Zenon.

Although it’s not a loss for me, somehow, I start to feel disappointed.

 

Nanari: “No, nothing at all.”

Nike: “If it’s Lockman, he is the captain of another group.”

Nanari: “No………What?”

 

At first, I was about to bring him up, but then…………the sudden news took me back. What is this?

Looking at me who is in the state of shock with an open mouth, Nike wears an unpleasant expression.

 

Nike: “There was a vacancy on the captain for the 1st platoon. Then Lockman became the one to fill up the position.”


My mouth that is wide opened cannot be closed even more. Nike’s voice gradually fades away from my ears.

As a newcomer in Hare, I belong to the lowest level of the hierarchy and work in stillness day by day. On the other hand, that guy, only 3 months after graduation, he has been promoted as a captain for the 1st platoon. What this is mean?

Certainly, his magic skill is pretty good, and he is also not a moron, instead, he is rather smart.

Compare to me, his grade was higher (Although I don’t want to admit it).


This is the difference between the sky and the ground.

This sentence really represents me who grovels on the ground while looking at the sky where is Lockman, as a knight who rides a Pegasus, is flying in the sky.

 

Nanari: “Isn’t it too soon!?”

 

His situation is what people often said as, ‘Going full speed on the highway to success’.

 

Nike: “But he certainly has the skills and his social standing is also good too. Well, the matter is settled already. Nothing we can do about it.”

 

After Nike said this, she turns her gaze to the sky and spots something in the sky. Following her gaze, I turn my eyes to the sky. There is another group of Pegasus flying that can be seen that belong to another platoon.

 

Nike: “Eventually, Prince Zenon will be appointed as the Deputy Commander. His position will be higher than Lockman’s group. Therefore, Lockman’s promotion is not something that you should be surprised by. “

Nanari: “…………that and that too, aren’t those matters quite delicate?”

Nike: “Eh?”

 

When I heard that he has been promoted as a captain, I was excited, but after I heard the following story, I have a mixed feeling about it. It feels like Nike has clearly stated that ‘he cannot stand on the very top.’

Why I feel like this?

As his rival (although this is only my one-sided feeling), I start to feel complicated. I cannot express it really well, but my state of mind is just like that.

 

Nike: “It’s looked like the other group has joined us, so I’ll go now.”

Nanari: “Join?”

Nike: “We are waiting for another group to join is. That’s why the chief gave me permission to talk to a friend while waiting for the other group.”

Nanari: “So that’s how it goes.”

Nike: “I’ll send you a letter again. Although we cannot meet each other easily, let’s go spend some time together if we meet during a break. Let’s invite Benjamin and Marisa too, okay. “

Nanari: “Yeah. I will send you a letter too. Bye.”

Nike: “Bye. I love you.”

 

Then after we let go of each other, Nike return to her group while I return to my initial plan, buying meat.

Petross-san who has been watching the whole thing asks me, “Do you have a friend in the Chivalric Order?”

 

Then it becomes the start of another talk in the market.


Overall, I think that I was able to take Lala for a walk so I did have a good day off after a long while. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translator note:
Hi Everyone, sorry that I missed last week's update. This week I will release two. 

Too bad it's not Lockman. 
Haha, the director is so funny. I want to see the interactions between Director Loctis and the Chief of the Chivalric Order.  


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.


Comments

Post a Comment