I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 24

 HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 24 


Harris: “What are you looking at? “

Nanari: “Well, just something.”

Arquez: “Aristocrat Labor Law?”

 

I’m currently in the middle of my break and enjoying my lunch at the same time in the reference room. Coincidently, Harris-san and Arquez-san come into the room to return some books. Both of them are holding 3 thin adult books in their hand while carrying a bag that is often used by Hare employees when they go for field work. I haven’t seen the two of them since morning. It seems that they have just returned from outside field work.

Harris: “So thick-!”

Harris picks up one of the books that lay on top of the desk. While pushing her soft brown hair behind her ears, she squints her eyes at the thick book that is hard to read.

“Listen to this one.”

Dolan Kingdom Magic Labor Law article 3 and 17, aristocrat law article 30 to 31, that was he said to me at the dance ball.  Even though I would like him to honestly tell his own feeling, in the suspicious circumstances, he spoke in cryptic language.

I’m searching about the law in Hare’s library not because I really want to know the true meaning of the article, but because I don’t want to be ridiculed for not knowing it. I know about the labor law or the aristocrat law, but I don’t understand the meaning of the articles that Lockman mentioned. Did he just want to screw me up or he said that to give me an answer about the related incident?

 

Lockman: “Your study is still insufficient.”

 

BRAK!

The pen which I hold in my hand is broken into two.

 

Harris: “Na-Nanari? Your hand is all black.”

Nanari: “Don’t worry about it.”

Arquez: “Hell, your facial expression……”

Nanari: “Don’t worry about it.”

 

That bastard. Even if by chance I am still inferior compared to him, he lacks any consideration as a man for telling me that my study is insufficient right on my face.

When I remember those young ladies that were there at the masquerade ball yesterday, I start to worry about them. All of them, do you think that guy is that good?

 

Nanari: “A guy that I know, is supposedly getting married. But his partner has another man that she likes. The man easily withdraws from the relationship. When I asked him if he did like her, he replied with this law……What does it mean?”

 

I grumble at Harris and Arquez while cleaning the black ink on my hand with a brown handkerchief.

 

Harris: “If he likes her, he should have pushed for the marriage, right?”

Nanari: “Hmm……that’s the mystery……”

 

I also don’t really understand his intention.


Arquez: “Aren’t all of these laws, was made by Prime Minister Creoli? “

 

Arquez-san put down the book that he picked up, and take a look at the paper note where I wrote the law. He looks at the paper while stroking his chin with his other hand. When his long bangs fall down and disturb him, he repeatedly scoops them back.

 

 “Prime Minister Creoli? “

“What is Creoli?”

 

Creoli? Is that a vegetable?

When he sees mine and Harris senpai's confused faces, Arquez-san takes out a book from the top shelf and shows it to us. [The List of the Kingdom’s Vassals] is written on the cover and the spine of the book.

 

The list of the kingdom’s vassal……?

It was written in the book, that Prime Minister Creoli is a talented figure from 200 years ago.

 

Arquez: “There was a time when I was studying law. I researched the background story of how the law was made and the person who made it. “

“Why did you study that?”

“Eh~?  That’s because I wanted to become a judge for the Kingdom Courthouse. Though in the end I lost interest in the study and ended up joining the chivalric order and became a knight,” said Arquez with a bitter smile.

Arquez: “Prime Minister Creoli was a famous debauchee. There was an interesting reason why he made that law. It was all for women?”

Prime Minister Creoli's law:

·       There should not be any gender discrimination on labor wages. Man and woman should receive equal pay for the same position.
·       Witch slave trade is prohibited
·       Any women sex traders should declare their business to the Kingdom. Unauthorized trade business will be punished in accordance to Article 16
·       Aristocrat men should not for any commoner women to be their mistress. Even if the relationship was made by mutual consent, it is still prohibited.

 

………Certainly, all the laws are related to women.

I can understand the law when I read it, but I still can’t understand the hidden meaning that annoying guy tried to imply. Perhaps, the reason the law was made that was mentioned by Arquez-san is the answer?

 

Nanari: “What was the reason? “

Arquez: “At that time, the woman that captured the Prime Minister’s heart wasn’t an aristocrat, but a commoner. He made that law to make her life a little bit better.”

Nanari: “Hee.”

Arquez: “When he died, he said these words.”

 

“There wasn't any method that working out. In this life……although I never had any difficulties with women, the only exception was the only one woman that I truly loved. “

 

In spite of being married, he still spoke those words.

 

Harris: “What a despicable man, that prime minister.”

Arquez: “But he was a very attractive man, you know.”

Harris: “Hmmm, if that’s the case, I feel conflicted……”

 

It seems that Harris senpai is the type of person who is weak against physically attractive men.

However, his wife must had felt really horrible about that. It seems that for his whole life, he had never been able to forget that commoner woman.

There is some proverb that says that the more you can’t get it, the more it remains strongly in your memory. Perhaps, it was the case of the Prime Minister’s true love. But it might not be in my place to say this when I haven’t lived even a half of the prime minister’s life.

 

Harris: “AH!! Perhaps, that was what Nanari’s friend want to say?”

Nanari: “?”

Harris: “That’s he has someone else that he likes……right! That must be it!”

 

Harris Senpai speaks out with absolute conviction. She vigorously pulls Arquez-san’s black hair while bouncing around. There is some buzzing sound as she does that. When Arquez feels that his hair is almost being pulled out, he reaches out his hand and smacks Harris senpai’s glasses. The fight between a 40 years old man and 30 years old woman is quite modest.

 

 Arquez: “But he might refer to the lady who said that she has someone else that she likes as his true love. Perhaps that guy really got heartbroken………”

 

Then, I start to think back on various things about him to look for other possible reasons.  But in the end, I only know him as a playboy, and it seems that he got stabbed by girls a few times. He really deserves it.

 

Harris: “That’s he has someone else that he likes……right!”

 

At that moment, he denied feeling heartbroken, so he took that action.  Since he refused to give me a clear answer, let’s consider this as the answer. But if this is the truth, he really did give me the answer but in a roundabout manner.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


--------
Previous TOC  Next Chapter


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.

 


Comments

  1. href="https://istanbulolala.biz/">https://istanbulolala.biz/
    7U864

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment