I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 23 Part 2

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 23 Part 2

Benjamin swings her curly red hair. Her eyes brighten with sparkles as she comes closer. Meanwhile, it seems that Santanath has cut his silver hair. His hair is shorter than before. Both of them are fully dressed without bearing much skin. Santanath wears a blue long sleeves shirt and long pants, while Benjamin wears long skirts with short sleeve cloth and arm pads.

For each request, the exorcists are always… naturally, dress appropriately according to the needs for the request. They will dress up in a light attire when they go for fieldwork and they will dress up in a fully armored attire that is easy to move when they work against a demon. Therefore, just like the other exorcists, they also do the same thing.

 

Benjamin: “That white uniform is quite cute……”

Nanari: “So are you. Beauty, you look cool and cute.”

Benjamin: “Even if you shower me with compliments, I can only give you sweets. “

Nanari: “Please do.”

 

As she said, she takes out candy from a small bag that hanging on her waist and gives it to me. Since I am still at work, after I say my thanks, I put the sweet on top of a piece of cloth under the chair. I will eat this later.

Benjamin is the type of person who always accomplishes whatever she has said that she will do. She is even more terrific in romance.  Although she sometimes retreats on the crucial part, this is also one of her good parts.

She has not changed at all even now. She is a hot woman.

 

Nanari: “The two of you are amazing. You found Mr. Gouda in just one night, right?”

Benjamin: “Well, sort of. It was easy because we never encounter the demon that was mentioned in the file. There was a lake when we went deeper into the forest. We found him laying down by the side of the lake. His face was so pale that I thought he was dead. But luckily, he seems fine. “

Santanath: “As it is written in the file, I write down the location and the map of the place where we found him. Please look at it later.”

 

According to what I heard, although Mr. Gouda was found uninjured, his face was extremely pale. Then he was being treated with healing magic immediately. Since he did not have any visible injury, they did not know if the healing treatment was working on him. In the end, they concluded that he is in fine condition. Immediately after they found him, they sent him back to Mariah’s house.

Mariah-san was relief when she saw her husband back. Then Benjamin and Santanath stay with them for a while.

Benjamin says with a bitter smile that she bowed and thanked them so many times. The very next day, after she gave her signature to get the reward, they came to Hare.

It seems that Mr. Gouda has not regained his consciousness yet. Consequently, they were unable to ask him what was happened to him and why he was in that state. Because Mariah will come tomorrow to Hare, I will ask her about it.

By the way, since Santanath writes the location where they found him, even without asking the person himself, we can still find some information with magic.

 

Santanath: “I wish I was able to exterminate the demon………”

Benjamin: “Nath-kun is too passionate sometimes. It can be troublesome…… Oh yeah, we haven’t eaten breakfast, right?”

Santanath: “Shall we eat here?”

Benjamin: “Then I will grab something that you like. Get the seat and wait for me.”

Santanath: “OK.”

 

Benjamin dashes to get the meals. After seeing her leaving figure, I turn my gaze at Santanath who is left alone.

 

Nanari: “How long have you been working together? This is the first time I see you two.”

 

I have been working in Hare for a half year and I haven’t seen the two of them here before. My father works as an exorcist, and there are a couple of times that I see him here, but this is the first time I have ever seen the two of them.

 

Santanath: “Is that so? I thought we wouldn’t see you too Nanari. Yesterday both of us had some business during the day so we went to work at night. “

Nanari: “I see. Maybe we just didn’t have any chance to meet yet before. I haven’t been able to sit on the receptionist desk over there yet……I’m the only one who is still a novice here.”

 

Everyone is working hard at their own job. Nike has become a female knight in the same squad as the chief and the prince. Prince Zenon is busy every day working as the deputy knight as the third prince. Meanwhile, Marisa is Marisa. In order to succeed in the Marquis title, she persists in studying and socializing. Lockman who stands out among us has become a captain of a knight squad. Benjamin and Santanath have steadily gained experience as exorcists and like this time, they finished their job quickly and helped people.

In contrast, there is me who has failed in casting magic. I also broke the law and infiltrated the King's palace. This current situation makes me feel disappointed.

 

Santanath: “But I often hear about you, you know?”

Nanari: “What did you hear?”

Santanath: “When you are going to apply for a request, you should go for the beautiful girl with light blue hair. She kindly listens and gives good advice on any problem. Any application for request that she handles, will be taken by the exorcist within a day. The only girl with light blue hair is Nanari, right?”

Nanari: “……? No, no, that’s not true. After all, I have just been working for a half year, and I also work in pairs with a senior………Moreover, I’m not a beauty. Are you mistaking me for someone else?”

 

This is the first time I hear this rumor. I only have been working for half a year and now I have to endure this kind of rumor? It’s embarrassing. If someone who hears that rumor feels disappointed when he actually sees me, what should I do? There are various things that he maybe feel disappointed in, such as the real person is not as nice as the rumor, the request is not taken by the exorcist in a speedy manner as the rumor, or the real person is not as beautiful as the rumor.

In a sense, this kind of rumor can be harmful.

 

Santanath: “Ignore the details. You might not aware of it, but this rumor means that you have been trying your best at doing your job.”

 

It’s impossible to not worry about the details. My life as a receptionist is at a stake here. I wish I can be optimistic like Santanath. Since Santanath is always easygoing, I never see him in a flustered state of mind. Well, actually the only exception is when he did not know how to answer his homework and repeatedly begged me to give him the answers.

 

Nanari: “Oh yeah Santanath. How are you doing lately? “

Santanath: “About what? “

Nanari: “The two of you have been working together, right? “

 

Indirectly, I have just asked about his relationship with Benjamin. He seems to understand the real meaning of my question. His eyes start to wander around and he puts his hands behind his back. You can see very clearly that he is agitated by the question.

 

Hoooo? This is the first time I have ever seen this reaction. Perhaps Santanath finally about Benjamin……

Previously, he said that his ideal type is an older woman with an hourglass body and so on……But this…

Looking at my eyes that are glimmering with anticipation, he gets even more startled.

 

Santanath: “Hey, Nanari.”

Nanari: “What?”

Santanath: “For a man, falling in love with a woman is the moooooost dangerous gamble in the world.”

 

When I see him blurting out some nonsense with such a serious face, I spontaneously poke his eyes with my two fingers.

 

Santanath: “It hurts!!”

Nanari: “Gamble, huh. This is not a game. “

Santanath: “………What are you talking about. This is true. My Dad said that while he was beaten by my Mom.”

 

What are you talking about actually?

 

Nanari: “Then what are you going to do? Even if Benjamin confesses her feelings and ask you out, then you will refuse her because of this…?

Santanath:” Well that’s……What should I do about that……”

Nanari: “I warn you. If you make Benjamin cry, cry and cry, I will definitely freeze your whole body and heart with ice. Just like what I did to Lockman.”

Santanath: “………Woman’s friendship is the most dangerous thing ever.”

Nanari: “Did you say something?"

Santanath: “Nothing.”

 

I glare at Santanath while he avoids my eyes. Suddenly Benjamin comes with breakfast and interrupts our conversation.

 

Benjamin: “Hey, I have brought the food.”

 

Santanath feels relief by the interruption. Despite the odd, I still have a hunch that soon enough, their friendship will be broken and Santanath will finally give in to Benjamin.

 

Benjamin: “What have you been talking about?”

Nanari: “I asked him about the work progress with you, Benjamin.”

Benjamin: “That’s a rude question. I’m not going to drag Nath-kun in work.”

 

The moment Santanath asks Benjamin to work together, this love has probably been concluded. It’s up to Santanath to stall some more time or be straightforward with his feelings. I decided that I will watch over this frustrating couple attentively. Despite what I said to Santanath, there might be no need for me to punish him. If Benjamin truly cries a lot because of him, Santanath will probably berate himself. Although I have no interest in Lockman’s love affair, I do have interest in these two.

After they eat breakfast, they immediately go home to take some rest.

 

Benjamin: “If I stay here. I will keep continuously chatting with you, Nanari.”

 

Although that will be a problem, I still feel happy. 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


--------
Previous TOC  Next Chapter


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.

 

Comments

Post a Comment