I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 23 Part 1

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 23 Part 1

It’s Sunday.

Without any lingering feeling of the masquerade ball, I greet the morning as usual. After I returned to the dormitory, I took a bath and then fall asleep immediately on the bed.

Since I don’t know what to do with the white dress that the 3 servants of the duke’s used to dress me up for the ball, the dress is currently hanging conspicuously on the clothes rack.

Sometime later, I should return it when I have a chance.

…………It’s troublesome.

 

Nanari: “Fuaa………”

 

The sun that can be seen from the window is so radiant to the eyes. I change my sleep gown into Hare uniform with sleepy eyes. Then I cook something and eat breakfast. I am so sleepy that I bring the rice toward my cheek instead of my mouth. Despite that, I am still able to eat properly in the end. I will wash my face after the meal.

……………………………


Nanari: “Good morning Zozo-san.”

Zozo: “Morning Nanari. ……Somehow you look tired?”

Nanari: “Not at all. I’m pretty much in a good shape.”

 

I submit my attendance and settle down on my usual seat. I greet the night shift staff while Zozo takes a seat next to me. She yawns as she sits.

Although I just want to exchange some casual greetings like usual, the eyebrows on my face are dropping lower. It gives me the impression of looking tired even though I feel completely energetic. On the other hand, Zozo keeps yawning continuously. When I ask whether she feels sleepy, she says that she always stays late reading magazines. After she says that, Zozo makes a big stretch while yawning.

There is a women's magazine that is read by the women in the whole kingdom. That magazine delivers the latest trend of information and sorcery. It has become Zozo-san’s most favorite guilty pleasure book to read lately.

Even though I think that the articles seem to be exaggerated, Zozo’san zealously told me about some articles like, ‘How to Read Your Partner’s Mind’, ‘A woman who is called ‘Lady’ by societies’, or ‘love fortune telling’ numerous times.

Nevertheless, from those three points, I have a sense that Zozo-san might be in love with someone. Or maybe she just has an interest in such topics.

From midnight to early morning, there are only a few clients and exorcists who come to Hare. Sometimes there is none. Since this morning is the same too, we are having some idle chats while being on duty. It’s still early in the morning after all. If the Director sees us brazenly chatting and gossiping in front of the clients and exorcists, some fists will fly. Previously, the Director sent a fist toward a male staff member who was laughing out loud while talking to Arquez-san . Moreover, he was beaten twice. When I saw the two piles of lumps on the head of the staff who was groaning in agony, I swore to myself that no matter what, I would make sure that I wouldn’t fall into the same predicament.

 

Zozo: “By the way, it’s another topic, yesterday……… no, actually today, there was an exorcist who accept Mariah’s request. “

Nanari: “Eh?”


Zozo-san’s takes out a copy of the file from the drawer and shows it to me. The fact that the request was taken less than a day makes me so happy.

 

Nanari: “Who is it??”

 

As I frantically read the paper with excitement, I see an orchid symbol next to the names of the exorcists.

 

Nanari: “OOOH?!”

Zozo: “What’s wrong?”

 

One of the two names is a male, and the other one most likely is a female. I know both of them very well.

 

Nanari: “This name……”

 

“Hello, I come in because the request has been completed.”

 

There are two people who just come in through the entrance door. As soon as I take my eyes off the file, I already have an intention to greet the person. However, when I see the two familiar people in front of me, the words stuck in my throat for a moment.  

 

“Ou, isn’t that Nanari.”

“Ah, Nanari, long time no see! How are you?”

 

The names that are written on the file are Narth Perseus Santanath and Benjamin Medal Lilith Fertina. The given name matches with the two people that I know very well. The two of them were my former schoolmates and valuable friends with who I still keep in contact even after graduation.

 

“So, the person who accepted the request was the two of you.”

 

Benjamin and Santanath accepted the request not because it was my client’s request. They just took the request and deal with the issue. If the request has been completed, that means that they have found Mariah-san’s husband. Moreover, there are demons that are still lurking in the area close to their home.

Their fast-lightning speed in completing the request makes me clasp my hands in admiration.

 

Zozo: “Those exorcists, their works are really fast, don’t they. Your acquaintance?”

Nanari: “Yes, they are my close friends. “

Zozo: “But I’m glad that they found Mariah-san’s husband. There was a bad thought that came into my mind.”

Nanari: “What is it?”

Zozo: “I was worried that Mariah-san’s husband might have turned into a demon.”

 

It was an unscrupulous thought, and Zozo-san’s face turns bad as she scratches her face with her finger.

 

“Truly, I’m relieved that was not the case,” she says while calming down herself.

 

I also share the same sentiments.

Truly, thank God that he was okay.

Since Arquez-san said such a thing about humans that turns into demons, those thoughts arise in my mind. Therefore, I’m so relieved that it wasn’t the case. If something happened, I was thinking that since I got to know Prof Aristo, I could just go to his residence and asked for his help. Although that is unnecessary anymore, I would like to keep that option in my mind and brace myself.

…………To begin with, I’m not an aristocrat, and Prof Aristo does not know my real identity. Thus, I don’t know if it’s a good idea to go to his place………

 

Zozo: “Then Nanari, please take care for a while.”

 

Zozo-san taps my shoulder as she stands up from her seat to go to meet with the Director. After I nod my head, she walks briskly to the back room. Even though I am being left alone, I don’t feel anxious. Instead, I read Mariah’s request file again.

The exorcists who deal with the unknown demon are truly amazing. Aside from ordinary people, even magician who knows assault and defensive magic are rarely able to confront demons. Demons normally eat the magical power of magicians. Thus, magicians are seen as delicious prey by Demon. When a magician encounters a demon, they usually feel quite nervous. From the perspective of demon’s, it’s like the food has come voluntarily with their own two legs. It’s a rare opportunity.

 

Benjamin: “Nanari! This is the first time I see you at work!”

 

After they finish their business and get their money rewards, they come and sit in front of my desk. 


 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


--------
Previous TOC  Next Chapter


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.

 

Comments