I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 22 Part 3

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 22 Part 3 

Translator: Masakibluei

Princess Carola: ‘What are you talking about? The person that I like is Alves-sama.”

Lockman: “That’s not true. If you keep going like this, you won’t be able to turn back. Before that happens, you should give up on me. " 


A quarrel between lovers………? No, it might not be the case.

In short, what happens? Princess Carola actually does not like Lockman? Then why Princess Carola wants to get engaged with Lockman……?

 

Lockman: “You should properly talk with your father. He is not the type of King who would refuse his lovely daughter’s request. “

Princess Carola: “I..I”

Lockman: “I really like your smiling face when you are standing by the person that you like.”


Huuuhuu

 

Suddenly I can hear Princess Carola’s crying voices. The annoying playboy, at last, has made a princess from a foreign country cry. Currently, I’m not happy with the whole situation, and gradually, I start to feel hot because I am being warped inside his arms. This fuels my desire to get out from his arms. But I can’t break away.

 

Princess Carola: “Yeah.. that’s right. I’m so stupid.”

Lockman: “Don’t say that. I will deal with the aftermath so you should return to your country.”

 

Lockman's voice and tone are so soothing, like consoling a small child.

 

Princess Carola: “………Yeah. I will return. But, you know, Alves-sama. I do love you enough to the point that I want to get married to you. However, it looks like you don’t feel the same.”

Lockman: “I also think that it would be nice to marry a smart and beautiful lady like you. But I want to spend my whole life for love, so I would like to reject the marriage offer.”

 

It seems that for these two, love and marriage are two separate things. In other words, these two people aren’t in love with each other……

After Lockman said those words, I can’t hear Princess Carola’s voice anymore. Instead, I can hear the sound of footsteps of someone wearing heels, walking away.

 

Nanari: “What does it mean……?”

Lockman: “She has a man that she likes. That’s it.”

 

Lockman who notices my small muttering voice, answers my question.

 

Nanari: “Then, Lockman, do you feel heartbroken now? “

Lockman: “Even if that’s the case, how could you brazenly say that right to my face?”

Nanari: ‘Ah, I’m sorry.”

 

I honestly don’t understand his feelings. Do you like her? Or you don't particularly like her? Although he acts like he is being considerate of her, his actions do not seem to come out of genuine care for her.

Before I blurt out more impolite comments, I decide that I should change the topic. Thus, I start to talk about other things.

 

Nanari: “………ehmm, by the way. I want to go home. What should I do? “

 

Rather than trying to divert the conversation, actually, I don’t have any free time to poke fun at other people’s love life. No, actually I do have some free time. But I rather utilize my free time on other things. I would like to get out from this tight space, breathe some fresh air and quickly leave the king Island to the island below. This is the task that I set for myself after completing the mission from the Duke.

 

Lockman: “You can’t use magic here. Moreover, Marisa is also here.”

Nanari: “But it’s impossible to hide under your arm forever. What should I do?”

 

The Duke will get to know the information straight from Lockman so I do not need to give any report to him that Princess Carola has someone that she likes but she couldn’t be honest about it, and Lockman who notices that, has firmly made the decision to dissolve the engagement. The Princess will return to her country and Lockman will stay here. These are the conclusion of their affair.

 

Lockman: “By the way, I asked you this before, why are you here?”

Nanari: “……for secret investigation.”

Lockman: “Ah, Did Father ask you to find out my real feelings about the engagement?”

 

If you know that already, then don’t ask!


Nanari: “How do you know?”

Lockman: “I saw you come with Father. In addition, you suddenly asked something that you normally won’t have any interest in. From that, I can easily figure it out.”

 

He is right on point. Normally, I don’t have that kind of interest in him, so it’s weird that I suddenly ask him that. We pretty much know each other characters. Well in my case, I might not really understand him at all, but Lockman knows me well enough to spot my strange act. From then on, he naturally figures out the rest. Moreover, the duke was wearing a simple mask that did not cover his face, and he also came together with a stranger. When he saw that, he might have felt suspicious already.

What’s with that. Since the beginning, we had been exposed.

 

Nanari: “I thought my disguise was perfect.”

Lockman: “If you want to disguise yourself perfectly, then you should not disguise yourself beautifully.”

Nanari: “Ha?”

 

I can’t disguise myself beautifully? Why beautiful disguise does not work? Rather than that, did he just say that I am beautiful in a roundabout way? Although he expects that I will understand his means, nothing particularly comes to my mind.


Lockman looks and me and says, “You are really credulous.”

 

Although I don’t know what is the meaning of 'credulous', I am pretty sure that it means stupid.

 

Lockman: “Haa………. ---------------I thought I found an excellent woman, but this is it.”

Nanari: “What did you say?”

Lockman: “Nothing. My luck has been bad since a long time ago. “

Nanari: “?”

 

I become confused after I hear his baffling reply.

 

“Alves-sama, what are you doing?”

 

We are in the middle of sneakily talking to each other when suddenly a young lady approaches and calls for Lockman. Her voice brings me back to the realization that I haven’t escaped from the ball yet.

 

“What are you doing? Since a while ago. “

“Was that Princess Carola? Was there something going on between you?”

 

A group of young ladies approach us and bombard Lockman with questions one by one. 


In this situation, I can’t move.  

If I make a move, it will be the end of me.

 

“Alves-sama, who is the lady that is hiding under that cloak?”

 

That’s Marisa’s voice! Hearing her interrogating voice makes my heart jump like crazy. I want her to notice me, but at the same time I don’t want her to notice, it’s irritating. If this comes to this……I just need to go with it!

 

Nanari: “Guh, uhk…uhk.”

Marisa : “Eh?”

 

I pretend to be sick.

 

Nanari:  “GUERHH…ugk,ugk.”

 

It sounds painful. But I don’t pretend that I am in pain, I am literally in pain. I feel that making a real painful sound is much better than just faking it, thus I desperately have been pressing my throat really hard with my thumb. Right now, I become Nanari, the wizard with excellent acting skills.


 Lockman: “This lady does not feel really good. Since she looks awful as well, she does not want to be seen. Snots are dripping from her nose and she is covered in cold sweats. It will be terrible to be seen like that, don’t you think?”

 

Hey! What’s with that story!!

 

“Ah! Is that how it is?”

“If that is the case, then she should immediately go home.”

 

This guy, to what degree does he want to portray me as an ugly woman?? Although it solves the problem, I still can’t accept it. It was the same thing in the past. When I got a 100 point for my exam, but I was told that 100 points were not a perfect score, I can’t accept it. However, Marisa and the other ladies accept the lie that Lockman has told. As soon as they let us go, I leave the place with Lockman’s guidance. When Lockman says thank you to the girl with such a refreshing voice, for an unknown reason, I feel like smacking my lips. But since I have to hide myself, I can’t utter any complaint.

In regard to the ball, what’s the point of having a masquerade ball when you are being forced to reveal your identity at the end?

 

Lockman: “After you get out of the palace, use your familiar to leave the island, alright?”

Nanari: “Yes yes.”

Lockman: “Talking to you always makes me feel irritated.”

 

My whole day that feels really long has finally ended with this kind of conversation with him. Incidentally, there isn’t any guard standing outside of the palace. Although there might be a barrier to protect the palace, I wonder if the palace is just too defenseless. As I ponder about the security of the palace, I ride on Lala’s back and go back home. 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


--------
Previous TOC  Next Chapter


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.

 


Comments

Post a Comment