I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 22 Part 2

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 22 Part 2

Translator: Masakibluei

Nanari: “………He?”

Lockman: “Ah, I was wearing a full-body disguise. “

Nanari: “……Hei?”

 

I make a stupid noise at his remark.

 

Lockman: “It’s not bad to be a pig once in a while. Although I’m proficient at transformation magic, I don’t have many chances to use it. Being ignored by the girls makes me feel a little bit lonely but I enjoy the masquerade. It was fun.”

 

This unbelievable man fixes his glasses with his middle finger and pats my head with his other hand. Thus, I brush off his caressing hand. Having this bastard caressing my head is the ultimate humiliation! No, it’s an insult! As revenge, he lightly taps my head, no he actually smacks my head while pretending to caress it. It hurts.

 

Nanari: “wh-why?”

 

Marquis Fordist? Pig Gentleman? What was that!!

 

Nanari: “Why are you here.”

Lockman: “What do you mean? That’s supposed to be my line.”

 

But yo-you, are Alves Lockman, aren’t you??


This bastard who wears sparkling gold glasses with sparkling eyes and skin, and beautiful blonde hair is standing right in front of me.

 

Nanari: “But you said you are Marquis Fordist.”

Lockman: “I am Marquis Fordist. I didn’t lie.”

 

He is Marquis Fordist?! Then what’s going on with his arrangement with Princess Carola in this ball?

 

Lockman: “Speaking of which, what are you doing here? You are such an idiot.”

 

As he said that, he covers my whole body with a cloak. As a result, my vision turns dark.

 

Nanari: “BHU, wait, what do you mean.”

 

But to be called an idiot once again by him…… I start to get angry.

 

Lockman: “Although Father was the one who gets you involve, but do you forget there will be someone who recognizes you?”

Nanari: “Un??”

 

He holds the back of my head while tightly clutching me into his chest. Both my body and mind are in shamble. Does he intend to push me to die?

 

Lockman: “Marisa is also here too. If someone finds out a commoner like you in here, you will get into big trouble.”

 

So that’s the issue. I’m sorry for doubting you. But in this situation, I can’t get away from this place anymore. Nevertheless, Princess Carola and the other girls who are shocked by the fake Lockman, have noticed that the real Lockman is here. Therefore, I can hear the clacking heels approaching fast towards here.

 

“Alves-sama! You are so mean! You deceived me!”

That voice can be heard coming from behind.

 

Nanari: “Although the situation is like this, can you listen to me for while?”

 

Suddenly I am being pressed tightly into his chest. Thus, I slightly turn my head up to stare at his face and ask him.

 

Lockman: “What’s up? Even if you tell me that, I can’t get my ear close in this position. “

 

Through the gap of the cloak which covers me, I can see that Lockman’s face is getting closer. With eyeglasses hanging on his face, he seems to get annoyed and narrows his eyes.

 

Nanari: “I know, but……”

 

Let’s accomplish my original mission.

 

Nanari: “Do you like the princess?”

 

With a very small voice, I cast that question at him. Since I’m not sure if he hears me properly, I try to pry at his face through the gap.

 

Lockman: “Honestly speaking……”

Nanari: “The, then? How do you feel?”

 

Quickly answer my question! I would like to break away from your arms and get out of this hall as soon as possible. Of course, I would also grab a tablecloth to cover my light blue hair when I run away.

 

Lockman: “Then, give me your ear.”

 

After letting a light sigh, he talks with a very small voice, as if he is telling a secret.

 

Lockman: “Article 3 and 17 of Dolan Kingdom Magic Labor Law, and aristocrat law article 30 to 31. “

 

…………………

 

Nanari: “Ha?”

Lockman: “You don’t get it?”

Nanari: “That’s not it.”

Lockman: “I see. Your study is still insufficient. “

 

My hand unconsciously turns into a fist, but I’m still able to hold it back.

I will definitely freeze him!! This man!! He does not only dodge the question, but he also laughs at me! In the end, there is nothing that can be gained from him, Duke!

 

Princess Carola: “Alves-sama! Why?”

 

When I hear that, I can tell that Princess Carola is rushing to come here. Subsequently, Lockman moves his face away from the gap of the cloak. He does not seem to feel agitated over the situation. His composure demeanor makes me think about my mission.

 

Lockman: “Hey, Carola. Today, you are beautiful as usual.”

Princess Carola: “Beautiful…Rather than that! Why are you?”

Lockman: “Who is the person that you like?”

 

Because I am completely hidden in his arms, I can only hear some voices. However, I can still sense the weird atmosphere that arises due to Lockman’s remark. There is no other aristocrat speaking at the moment. They might be watching the interaction between the two people.

 

Lockman: ‘It’s not me, right.”

 

The arms that hold me are slightly tighten.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


--------
Previous TOC  Next Chapter


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.

 

Comments