I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 22 Part 1

  HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 22 Part 1

Translator: Masakibluei

While having a deep conversation with them, the time has passed considerably, and I completely forget my original mission.  In the middle of the discussion about demon with the professor, the lively music suddenly has changed into a gentle melody.


Nanari: “……? Hah!”

 

I finally realize that I have been going off track from my original mission.

 

“Lady Golden Butterfly, is there something wrong?”

 

Is there something wrong? Perhaps what Lockman has been saying is right. I am an idiot.

 

Nanari: “Excuse me, but when will this ball end? “

 

“According to the schedule……?”

 

The King: “Everyone, now is the last waltz piece. Please find your partner who will adorn your memory of tonight ball. “

 

The last dance! There is no chance for me to dance with Lockman and ask him anymore! All the aristocrats who wear disguises have found each respective partner.

Count Huey, aka Prof Aristo, just smiles attentively at me.

 

Count Huey: “You are also still young.”

 

Not far from us, a couple that seems to be a husband and wife……is locking arms with each other.

Then how about those two……

 

The Pig Gentleman: “Lady Golden Butterfly, would you mind dancing with me?”

 

The pig gentleman bends down and stretches his hand towards me who is pressing down my mask to my face and looking around franticly.

 

Nanari: “Eh, a……with you, my Lord?”

 

I glance at Count Huey and the Pig Gentleman alternatively.

 

The Pig Gentleman: “You are free to refuse my invitation. I will graciously withdraw.”

Nanari: “No, I mean… I don’t mean that I don’t want to……”

 

Although his face is a pig, his behavior is like a prince (Excuse my rudeness). Well, leaving out his politeness, I’m pretty flustered by his sudden invitation. I think if it is a waltz, I can dance fairly. But I’m quite confident that I can do it! I’m proud to say that!

Originally, I prepare myself to learn dancing in order to approach Lockman. However, I haven’t accomplished my mission yet so I start to feel impatient. Moreover, I cannot talk about my mission to the Professor who has been chatting with me in a friendly manner.

 

Pig Gentleman: “Then shall we go?”

 

Since I don’t give him a clear answer, somehow, I end up being pull by the Pig Gentleman to the center of the hall. While being pulled away, I turn around to look for Princess Carola and Lockman.

 

Count Huey: “It’s so good to be young.”

 

He bitterly smiles and turns his gaze away from us. Right afterward, I finally find the two of them. It seems that Princess Carola and Lockman choose each other as their partner for the last dance. Their hands are intertwined with each other, and most importantly, they look happy together. I look at them as the music gently flowing in the background. Both the Pig Gentleman and I also start to dance.

 

“……………………”

 

I tentatively watch over the two who are about to be engaged with each other. No, it's not about to be engaged. Their engagement is definitely settled now. Although the Duke has a bad impression of this arrangement, this outcome will appease him. Ultimately, even though I haven’t had a chance to hear Lockman’s true feelings if the person himself chooses this path, he definitely has determined his own future path. 

Ah, I see them smiling brightly at each other.

 

Nanari: “What’s to be worried about? They will be fine.”

Pig Gentleman: “What?”

 

While watching the beautiful scene between the two, I accidentally blurt out my inner voice. My dance partner, the Pig Gentleman looks at me with confusion written on his face.

 

Nanari: “The couple close to us are going to be engaged but the parents are worried about them.”

The Pig Gentleman: “Is that so?”

Nanari: “He might be feeling a little depressed. “

 

Since the beginning, there is no need for me to come to the ball. The only thing that I gain by coming to this ball is getting acquainted with the Professor.

 

…………CLOMP

 

Pig Gentleman: “Ngh?”

Nanari: “I-I’m sorry. I’m not really good at dancing……is your feet alright?!”

Pig Gentleman: “It doesn’t hurt, so don’t worry about it. Rather than dancing accurately, the most important thing is to enjoy yourself.”

 

I accidentally step on his feet with all of my strength. What the heck with, ‘if it’s a waltz, I can dance a little bit?

Since I don’t have any skill to dance, I should not easily accept any invitation to dance. From now on, I should learn dancing again.

Because the Pig Gentleman does not show any emotion on his face, I feel embarrassed that he kindly glosses over my blunder. I don’t know if he is laughing or not at my mistake in his heart. Therefore, I should focus on dancing properly so he won’t laugh at me. If I feel down, I should not just stand up right away. I should just do a somersault jump and twirl three times as I land. 

 

“Now, my guests put out your disguise. Let’s adorn tonight's ball with your true color.”

 

When I am twirling inside the Pig Gentleman’s arm, the King’s voice echoes in the hall. The commotion and confusion are ascending all over the hall due to the King’s remark. I don’t really understand the King’s intention, so I look at the King who is standing at a high place. 

When I look up, some dust suddenly falls from the ceiling. No, it’s more like droplets of lights are falling down to the people in the hall. Those lights also fall over me.

When you look around, you can feel a sense of discomfort. All the disguises disappear and the people are showing their real appearance. I cannot find any people with strange hair colors or strange animal heads anymore.

I was wearing a mask before, and that mask makes my vision darker. Now the mask has disappeared and my sight has become brighter and clearer. My hair color has also changed into light blue.

 

The Pig GentlemanL “Then, who is it”

Nanari: “He?”

The Pig Gentleman: “Who do you say that is about to get engaged?”

 

The voice that I know very well comes from in front of me. When I turn to see the Pig Gentleman’s real face, I freeze immediately. But this is impossible. Because the owner of this voice should be standing over there……

 

Heh?

 

The mask that Princess Carola wears is simply disappeared and her face can be seen, but her partner is not Lockman, it’s an unknown guy with brown hair and a short body. Who is he? Princess Carola is covering her mouth in shock when she sees her partner’s real appearance.

Those lights…Was that cancellation magic?

But the mask is not magic, why does it also disappear? But then, my dance partner is……

DRRRRTT

I turn my neck and face toward the person who is standing in front of me. The man has long blonde hair with glasses on his face. He is looking down at me. This is the first time I see him wearing glasses. At a glance, he looks like a different person. However, no matter how I look at him, he is supposed to be the person that I have been looking around. He is not supposed to be dancing with me.

There is no trace of pig appearance on him anymore.

I look in the direction of Princess Carola and turn my eyes at the person in front of me again.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


--------
Previous TOC  Next Chapter


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.


Comments