I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 21 Part 4

 HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 21 Part 4

Translator: Masakibluei

Nanari: “Eh?”

Pig Gentleman: “Since earlier, you have been only eating that. I wonder if that is your favorite dish.”

Nanari: “Oh, ah, yes. I like it. Very.”

Pig Gentleman: “As I thought. I also like it. It’s delicious, isn’t it.”

 

I don’t know what he is thinking, but it seems that he became interested in me after watching me keep devouring this meat and decide to call me. He seems surprised to see someone eating like this at the ball.

Eh? Is that how it is? Normally you don’t eat at the ball? Even though it looks delicious... There are lots of delicious food being served here. Moreover, the person who seems to be a chef standing by the table next to me is smiling broadly at me while offering food, and encourage me to take more. I wonder if I am eating too much. When I suddenly look at my plate, the meats that were crowding the plate before have gone. At the same time, a chunk of meat has just passed down my throat. Oh my, before I realize it, I have eaten too much.

Meanwhile, the hall becomes remarkably noisier. When I turn around to see what is happening, the Pig Gentleman tells me that the King is greeting the people.

 

“Silence.”

 

The golden throne is seated on the upper floor that is connected by white stairs to the hall. From there, the King of Dolan is standing while looking down at the guests in the hall. He is Prince Zenon’s dad. He has the same black luster hair as Prince Zenon's and has a mustache that is suitable with his constitution as a king. He is wearing a black military uniform with a red cloak. Compare to other rulers of other countries, he is much more auspicious.

 

Previously, I was worried about the future of the country in the hand of the nobles who are wearing ridiculous disguises. However, this country might be fine in the hand of this King and Prince Zenon.

 

King Dolan: “Everyone, without further due, may you enjoy the free time without considering any social rules while hiding your identity. “

 

As the King’s voice resounds in the hall, the background music begins to play louder. The center of the hall becomes less crowded and one by one, the nobles start to dance in pairs. Just like Duke Lockman told me before, the movements are quite intense. While fixing their gazes at each other and holding hands, their feet move really fast to the right, left, back, and so on. It looks like they are on a rampage……but they are actually dancing.

 

So that type of dance does exist, huh.

Currently, I am looking from the sideline while picking up another plate of different desserts. The chef who is standing by the table continues to offer me some new dishes.

 

“No chef, that’s enough. Thanks. The foods are delicious. Can I take this home?”

 

The Pig gentleman is still standing close by me. There are some foods on his plate. It seems that he does not want to eat anymore.

Well, it’s fine for now. After all, the main objective is to watch over the interaction between that guy and the princess. Thus, I turn my attention to those two again.

 

Just like usual, Alves Lockman is surrounded by a group of girls who are wearing masks. One girl asks him to dance together while another one is pulling his arm while asking the same thing. Marisa is also there and raises her voice as not to lose to the other girls. Perhaps because today is a masquerade ball, there are no social rules.

 

One of the girls rebukes Marisa for being aggressive.

 

Noble Girl: “Aren’t you acting disgracefully?”

Marisa: “What’s the problem?”

 

The princess is also nearby the crowd.  But it is hard to recognize her within those crowds.

Let’s see how can I get closer to him. According to Duke Lockman, if they are dancing together to the last song, their engagement will be official. No matter how you look at it, the last dance must be really special. The last song must be danced with your sweetheart, lover, or spouse. Rather than dancing with other people first, isn’t it better to find each other first?

 

Pig Gentleman: “Professor Aristo, no, Earl Huey. I’m Fordist. “

Aristo: “Ah, Marquiss Fordist, is that you? But with that mask, it's difficult to recognize you. “

 

While I am stuffing my cheek with the last bite of dessert, the pig gentleman next to me is starting to converse with Professor Aristo.

 

Nanari: “BHU…GHEGH”

 

Unconsciously, I nearly blew out the food from my mouth. I barely hold it in.

 

Wait a second. What is this? Why does he suddenly come like this? I can’t help to be torn between this and that. UUUUUGH………!! If only I can split myself into two, I can efficiently gather information and easily accomplish my mission………Should I learn a magic to duplicate myself? It will definitely be useful.

 

Aristo: “It’s pretty rare to see you alone in this place.”

Pig Gentleman: “Naturally I’m alone because of this mask. Moreover, I’m not alone, I have been chatting with this young lady next to me.”

 

The pig gentleman smoothly put back his plate and (as proof that he wasn’t joking) hold my hand, as he said that to the professor.


Hey, don’t use me as a tool to hide the fact that you are alone. Even if I want to boldly say that, ‘Isn’t it fine being alone?’ Since I’m also alone, I start to feel bothered by it.

 

Aristo: “Are you, his partner?”

 

Professor Aristo is looking at me.

 

Nanari: “E, ehm……”

 

Whether I take this chance or not depends on me. The Pig Gentleman casually releases my hand and I lightly bow to Professor aristo.

 

Nanari: “Excuse me, are you Professor Aristo who wrote a thesis about demon?”

Aristo: “Yes. But I’m only dressing up like this for tonight's occasion.”

 

The professor laughs heartily.

 

Since I have been wondering about professor Aristo, and I have a chance to talk with him in person, I eventually lose to the temptation to ask him.

 

Nanari: “Why are you hiding your title?”

 

Professor: “Originally I do not have any intention to hide my identity. I only wear a half-covered mask, right? Anyone will recognize me right away like this. But people will find it strange to hide one’s own identity. Young Lady too, aren’t you pretending as someone else tonight? “

 

Nanari: “Eh, yes. It’s embarrassing.”

Aristo: “Then, what should I call you? What is the name that Marquis Fordist calls you?”

Pig Gentleman: “I call her Lady Golden Butterfly.”

Aristo: “Then I will also call you by that name.”

 

My nickname has been fixed. What’s wrong with these nobles and their playful attitude? Thank God that I’m wearing a mask. I feel extremely embarrassed. Perhaps my face is extremely red now.

Because the situation has become like this, should I call this Pig gentleman, ‘Pig Lord’? I should give him a nickname too, right? Or should I call him by his name Lord Fordist?

 

Wa,wait……

 

Why do I keep mingle with these two? Deep down I wish someone just call me out right now! Thus, I raise my two hands for help. I’m also willing to dance that rigorous dance now.

 

Professor Aristo: “Please call me Huey.”

 

Nobles usually have a lot of names and it is difficult to remember all of them. But my memory is pretty good, so it would not be a problem for me. Professor Aristo, whose original identity is Count Huey, fixes his mask and reaches out his hand towards me who is feeling distressed by myself. Thus, I also give out my hand to shake his hand. However, instead of shaking my hand, he raises my hand and kisses it.

 

This is the thing with nobles!

 

Prof Aristo: “Currently, I’m talking about new research with Marquis Fordist. Sometimes he gives some input about my research. After I finish with my work, I usually visit him and ask for his help.”

 

Then, is this pig gentleman is also doing some research? After prof Aristo releases my hand, I stare intently at the pig gentleman who is standing next to me.

 

Nanari: “Uhm, Can I ask a question?”

Prof Aristo: “What is it?”

Nanari: “It’s related to Count Huey’s publicized thesis from last year. Are there any humans who were changed into demons other than the one that you found?”

 

Since I cannot talk about the request that came to Hare nor about myself, I try to gather information in a roundabout way.  After all, he is the one who leads the research about ex-human demon. Compare to other people, he has more vast knowledge about demon and is more familiar with the topic. Being able to meet him in person tonight must have been fate. I  have a lot of questions that I want to ask, so I should just take this chance to ask him right away.

Prof Aristo: “I’m not sure myself. If we recklessly capture demons for research, we may unintentionally break its bones. Up to the present, I haven’t seen any demon who resembles a human like the one that I used for my thesis again. “

Nanari: “I see………”

Prof Aristo: “Lady Golden Butterfly, are you interested in that topic?”

Nanari: “Yeah. I’m curious about the origin of demons. Moreover, we haven’t found any method to investigate their origin yet. “

 

I put my hand in front of my mouth and make a strained laugh ‘hohoho’. Is it not good for a noble lady to have an interest in this kind of topic? Although my real identity is a commoner girl who is just pretending to be a noble lady, perhaps it is not a good idea to seek some information in this form. He might suspect that I’m not a real noble lady.

 

Prof Aristo: “Oh yeah. Would you like to visit my residence to talk about this?”

 

Nevertheless, my worry is proven to be wrong. My operation of pretending to be a noble lady is working wonderfully. Perhaps my acting skill is pretty good.

 

Prof Aristo: “Not many people like my research. Instead, it was criticized a lot.”

Nanari: “? Why? Your research may be beneficial because you are the only one who is studying demons. “

Pig Gentleman: ‘There are some people who have a similar opinion as Count Huey, but there are just so many people in the society who disagree with him.”

 

The pig gentleman put his plate on the table and hold a glass in his hand.

 

Prof Aristo: “I know about the opposition, but I won’t make a noise about it. As long as there is one person like you, Lady Golden Butterfly who understands my research, it is enough for me. I always do my research at the laboratory in my residence, you are free to visit anytime you want. Just say Lady Golden Butterfly, and the gate will gladly always be open for you. “

 

The professor laughs while stroking his big belly. Then he tells me his residence address and the name of his gardener in detail.

 

Prof, this is no laughing matter. Why are you telling everything to a girl whose identity is unknown? Moreover, she is also wearing a disguise. Even though I’m happy that you are disclosing a lot of information to me, but to think that you do not have any sense of wariness after a few of lip service words………

 

Duke Lockman is the same too. I’m afraid, someday, he will be easily deceived by someone………

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


--------
Previous TOC  Next Chapter


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.

Comments

Post a Comment