I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 21 Part 3

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 21 Part 3

Translator: Masakibluei

I get a plate of food and stuff some meats and vegetables into my mouth.

 

Nanari: “Waa, this is so tasty!”

 

Though the mask that I wear as a disguise is a nuisance, I still can devour the food.

Well, after this, shall I look for Lockman from this spot? With a fork in my hand, I start to gaze around the place. In the hall, it’s imprudent to use any magic. If you use magic, the palace guard will come and force you to exit the venue. But if you are using the magic to put up a disguise like me, it is allowed. But it is strictly forbidden to use magic to fly, to pull objects towards oneself, to use spells to uncover other people’s disguises, or to search for people. I wonder if I can only use his height as a clue. But there are a lot of men with similar height as Lockman. However, those people who are wearing animal heads like bird or pig as disguise are definitely not him. Moreover, the ladies are approaching the men who are wearing normal disguises without hesitation. Those disguises must be the reason. Those disguises look creepy, so they won’t approach them.

 

Telling me to search for Lockman………but how?

 

“Al-sama, your mask is nice.”

“It fits you perfectly.”

“Let’s have fun today.”

“This is my first masquerade ball. Please be lenient with me.”

 

By a chance, I hear a tone of voice that I dislike coming from somewhere.

‘Al-sama’


“Even while wearing masks, all of you are truly beautiful.”

 

Somehow, I easily find him. And he is somewhere behind me. When I turn around, I can see Lockman is being surrounded by several ladies. He is wearing a mask that only covers half of his face like the Duke’s but in a different color. The duke’s mask is silver, but his mask is black. His hair is tied in a ponytail, in the same style when I saw him during the day. Lockman is looking the same as usual and blurting some cheesy words like usual. The only disguise that he wears is a useless mask that does not even fully cover his face.

That, not matter how you look at it, anyone will immediately recognize him.

 

Excuse me! His Grace!

Foolish Dad, your son does not follow the instructions!

 

Lockman openly shows up as himself with a flock of ladies gathering around him. Of course, Princess Carola is also there. His Grace showed me her portrait beforehand, so I immediately recognize her. She has the same blond hair like Lockman but curly. A pale white skin that does not seem to know the sun. Delicate shoulder and big breasts. A plump breast that I completely lack off. As soon as I see her, I start to consider that it’s only my own thinking that my usual posture is good. She is on another level than me.

 

It’s impossible for me.

But wait, His Grace definitely said:

 

‘If they can find each other.’

 

If my memories are not wrong, then this is already enough to validate their engagement, right?

It’s not that it is easy to play hide-seek. Even though they were told to wear a disguise that makes them difficult to find each other, but as I look at the two of them, they are openly wearing a disguise that can barely call as a disguise. Isn’t it meaningless?

If you think about it the other way round, it can be concluded that the two of them like each other.

 

Marisa: “Alves-sama, it’s been a while.”

Alves: “So Marisa also attends the party. How are you?”

Marisa: “Ara, Naturally I will attend.”

 

Ah, that familiar caramel colored hair with that bright red dress. Lady Marisa is here. Just, as usual, she joins the circle around Lockman. Although I want to call her, I can’t so it feels frustrating. Damn it.

Even though she is the number one person who I really want to tell about this whole situation, I restrain myself. Moreover, she is standing the closest with Alves.

 

Marisa, the person next to you is your love rival!

 

“Aristo-sama, it’s been a while.”

“Are you perhaps, Rudolf’s”

“Yes, I’m Teddy.”

 

While I am still paying attention to Marisa, my ear suddenly perks up upon hearing a conversation.

Hm? I feel like someone is calling the name ‘Aristo’ just now. Is Aristo that Prof. Aristo? 

 

Teddy: “The research……”

Aristo: “No, about that……”

 

As I try to figure out where the voice is coming from, my ear is listening closely to the conversation. It seems that the voice comes from somewhere in the right direction. At the side glance in that direction, there is a chubby man with streaks of grey hairs wearing a green mask that only covers his left eyes standing with a brown haired lady with a slim and tall figure in a grey dress. Both of them are holding a glass in their hands while having a conversation. The lady called him Aristo, so the chubby man must be him.

I have only Prof. Aristo once before. It was when he came to the school to give a lecture. It was right after he published his thesis (the one that said that a human becomes a demon). He came in my 6th year. His big belly is puffed up. It does not seem that he has any success in losing weight since that time. The bloated belly that catches my eyes definitely belongs to Prof. Aristo.

But why is the professor in this place? But if I am not mistaken, the professor’s background was an aristocrat and his rank was a count. But then he left his prestige.

 

Dear me.

What is going on?

But considering his real background, his presence here is more justified than I am.

 

When I am watching them so earnestly, suddenly someone taps on my shoulder. ‘What? I’m busy now, so don’t bother me!’, when I turn my head and thinking like that in my mind, a gentleman with that ‘pig disguise’ is standing next to me (he is definitely a gentleman). My eyes blinking repeatedly and my shoulder perks up instantly. This is the first time in my life that my shoulder is tapped by a human with a pig head.

However, the moment I see he is also holding a plate in his hand, strangely I feel a sense of camaraderie.

 

Nanari: “Yes?”

 

Although the other person is the one who was tapping on my shoulder first, he does not speak any words. Thus, I start to speak first. The round cute eyes of the pig are looking at me. His disguise just looks like the real thing. The pink skin with white hair sprung out along the skin is just like the real thing. We do not move and keep looking at each other while our eyebrows are twitching. Meanwhile, Lockman’s groups and other aristocrats are having a lively conversation elegantly in the background.

Why? Even though he is completely immersed in his pig disguise, that does not mean that he cannot speak human language, right? Ha! Is he by any chance is targeting the last rabbit bird meat that I put on my plate……!? But Pig is supposed to be herbivore!?

 

Pig Gentleman: “Lady Golden Butterfly. Do you like that Rabbit Bird meat?”

 

While I am thinking about rude things, he finally gives out a reply. His voice is gentle. The Pig Gentleman points at the rabbit bird meat on my plate. The Lady Golden Butterfly……Does he mean me?

 

Pig Gentleman, I’m not Lady Golden Butterfly.

I’m Hare receptionist………apprentice, Nanari Hell. I’m not gold, or butterfly, or even an aristocrat, alright.

 

I can’t come up with a reply, and my shoulder starts to feel itchy. Being called a butterfly is embarrassing.


 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


--------
Previous TOC  Next Chapter


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.


Comments

Post a Comment