I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 25

  HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 25 Part 1

After the lunch break is over, I go back to my seat at the receptionist counter. I didn’t have much time to eat since I spent most of my time to research the aristocratic labor law. However, I thought since I ate enough and I was able to do the research until I feel satisfied, it will be okay (although I still haven’t solved the issue). That kind of research should be fine to do during the small break because my stomach can’t accept the lack of food. Do I want to starve to death while working?

 

Nanari: “I’m back.”

“Welcome back. Then after I put up this form, I will take my break, okay.”

 

Before I went on my break, I asked my senpai to cover for me. Since the break is based on a shift system, I bowed my head to ask my senpai to let me go for my break first.

Speaking of which, Zozo-san hasn’t come back from the Director’s office. It seems that their conversation has lasted very long. From this morning until now she hasn’t come back.

 

Nanari: “What is that form about?”

 

Rather than about Zozo-san, I feel more intrigued about the form that my senpai is going to put up and point my finger at it.

 

“This? It comes from the neighbor of neighbor of neighbor of our kingdom.”

“Urgent recruitment for Ice Witch!” is written on the paper that is held by Senpai.

 

Such large-scale recruitment for witches, and moreover, it has to be witches with ice element magic? What kind of job is that?

When Senpai sees that I look at the form weirdly, she explains that the Queen of Orkeens kingdom is hiring ice witches as maids.

 

Hmm

It’s for maid position.

Orkeens kingdom, is as what senpai has said, is a far far far away country. It’s a little bit farther than Sheila Kingdom. They also offer special positions to the citizens from other kingdoms, and the compensations are very good.

The application was also shown to me, and certainly the value……I mean the compensations are double that here. I inwardly feel disappointed. Why there is no such thing as this here when there are other places in the world that overflows with money.

However, isn’t a lady attendant maid job usually for an aristocrat lady to do for public service or bride-to-be training? The paper said that it doesn’t matter if you are not an aristocrat, and somehow the gist of the job is written roughly. This is not something that I can say out loud as a commoner, but I think I should be more cautious with this offer.

 

Nanari: “Being said that the offer is limited to ice witches, there must be a reason, right?”

Senpai: “Nanari is an ice witch, right? Isn’t it fit for you?”

“Oh my, why don’t you go for it, Hell-san?”

 

Suddenly, an older exorcist woman who comes to Hare to look for jobs, jumps into the conversation.

 

Lately, the exorcists who often come here have remembered my name, and like this older sister, they often call me by my surname. There is nothing to it, but I feel slightly happy since it makes me feel that I am being acknowledged. My mood is excellent.

However, if I am being caught chatting incessantly like this, I will be scolded. A fist will come without warning. Thus, I’m so scared that I keep peeking at the director's office. Because I do not feel the Director’s presence,  I feel relief for the time being.

 

“Hey, Harris, come and look at this!”

Harris: “Yes?........Oh my, this kid looks so innocent, he is perfect, don’t you think?”

“No, that’s not always the case, don’t you think?”

 

Harris senpai who had returned from her lunch break and was working some administrative work behind us suddenly comes and joins the group over there.

 

“What is it?”

“Hmm? Just something.”

 

When I try to look again at the leaflet, she conceals a part of the leaflet from me. The way she stealthily hides the paper so that I can’t see it seemed like she is hiding a winning lottery ticket. Regardless, her attempt is futile since the paper will be pasted on the bulletin board. The exorcist lady who is watching me from behind the counter is laughing with a big grin.

 

What’s with that grin?

 

Lady exorcist: “Hell-san, that’s only for a grown woman to see.”

Harris: “Oh no! Don’t say anymore!”

 

Harris puffs her cheeks at the exorcist older sister. On the other hand, a question mark floats on my head.

Which part of it cannot be seen?

 

“No way………it’s not related to such things.”

“Is that so?”

“It’s so unexpected~”

 

The others senpais and other exorcists that come to the receptionist are all mysteriously teasing Harris senpai.

 

The lady who shows me the paper before says, “what a cute reaction.” Then she waves her hands and walks out to the exit. It seems that she has already picked up a request before she leaves.

 

What part of it is limited to a grown woman? I had graduated from school, so I am old enough already.


The witches who are interested in that kind of offer are ones that have a lot of trouble in their lives or have a big nerve. In my case, I’m not going for it. There is no reason to go.

 

“Orkeens Kingdom’s…”

“Senpai, if you don’t quickly eat your lunch, you’ll run out of time.”

“Hmmfph, Nanari……”

 

I push Senpai’s back to stop her from continuing with the talk and tell her to go for her lunch break. Although I love to chat, I prefer to enjoy this kind of conversation outside of work time. I wave my hand at senpai and say, “Let’s continue to chat later after work.”

 

Senpai happily smiles at my offer.

 

Zozo: “I’m sorry to leave things for you. The conversation was taking too long.”

Nanari: “Zozo-san!”

 

Zozo-san has just come out from the Director office. She passes by Senpai and sits down next to me.

 

“The conversation keeps dragging on, you know,” said Zozo-san while rubbing her temple with her finger.

 

It seems that she has a deep conversation with the Director.

 

Nanari: “Did you finish the business?”

Zozo: “About that……”

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


--------
Previous TOC  Next Chapter


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.

 


Comments

Post a Comment