I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 13 Part 1

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 13 Part 1

Translator: Masakibluei

A four legs table which can be used for eating or chatting with seating chairs next to it. The entrance door is a massive door made out of iron. There is a bulletin board that is covered with a lot of papers and a rotating blackboard in the ceiling which is made of feathers. Both the interior walls and the floor are made of wood. Inside the room, a scent of grilled meats with condiments can be smelled and the voices of a group of exorcists can be heard. In the meantime, the staff of Hare is paying attention to the surrounding.


Client: “Uhm, Miss Hell?”

Nanari: “Yes, nice to meet you.”

Client: “This is my first time submitting a request, so I will be in your care.” 


Being put in such a situation where a client comes for the first time to make a request, I cast a professional smile while handing out a paper to him.

Two weeks have passed since I started working at Hare.


Currently, I am learning how to deal with a client under the tutelage of my senior at the reception desk only for clients. The senior sits right beside me, and when I am in trouble, she will help me out from the side.


Since women are the only one who sits on the reception desk, my senior is naturally a woman. The one sitting next to me is a cute brown-skinned woman, and her name is Zozo Pheleste.  She is older than me, but is shorter and has a smaller body than me. She is 23 years old and she has been working at Hare for about 5 years. I heard that right after she graduated from school, she started working at Hare immediately.

 

Client: “I need 5 crane flowers which are blooming on the Steel Mountain. I am a pharmacist, and I am also disabled with one leg since a long time ago. Despite my disability, I am still going to places where I can go, including the Steel Mountain to gather the flower. However, lately, demon's cries can be heard from the direction of the Steel Mountain where the crane flower is. “


Nanari: “Do you want someone to go and pick up the flower for you?”

Client: “Yes.”

 

I read the list of the requests written on the form which is submitted by the man. There are ten lines written about this and that, but at the end of the lines, it is written about the request for the crane flower. 

I take off my eyes from the list and look up at the client. 

 

Nanari: “If this is the case, isn’t it better to request for a skilled earth magician than an exorcist?”

Client: “Earth magician? I have an acquaintance of an earth magician and I asked for his help in the past to grow the crane flower, but he couldn’t do it...”

Nanari: “The Earth magician will not be able to do it if they haven’t learned how to do it properly. However, they are naturally gifted at growing plants and making a flower bloom. For this reason, the Earth magician are learning the magic at school to gain the knowledge. Although the spell will be different for each type of vegetation, there is a book called ‘The book of Earth’ which contains a spell to grow a crane flower. By doing this way, there would be no need to send an exorcist to the Steel mountain. Would you agree to solve your request with this method? In that case, we don’t need to do a preliminary inquiry and the brokerage fee would be smaller.”

Client: “I see! Thank you very much.”

 

In front of the overjoyed client, I promptly write down the file of his request and ask for his signature. The client is really pleased that he signs the paper so enthusiastically. His signature is even bigger than the frame.  

 

After duplicating the request form with magic, the copy of the request is posted on the bulletin board by the wall. At the same time, the client is standing by the counter to make sure that the request is being processed. After the process is done, he once again relies his gratitude and leaves.

 

Zozo: “You’ve got the hang of it now. That’s the way to do it.”

Nanari: “It’s thanks to Senpai. Thank you very much.”

 

Right away after the client left, Zozo senpai is smiling broadly while showing her white teeth. The shock of seeing her smile makes me fall from the chair.

 

Each time, I was nervous due to her dominance aura, but this is because I am experiencing it first hand. The other senpais were saying the same thing too which makes me glad. Moreover, she praises me with a lovely smile, so I’m completely happy.

 

Even though I am sitting down at the reception desk for clients as a receptionist, my dream has not been realized yet. What I want is to be a receptionist at the reception desk who gives the task to the exorcists, not my current position. Everyone who are sitting on the reception desk for the exorcist are the women who are experienced. Naturally, Zozo Pheleste senpai is also one of the receptionists for the exorcist.

 

After the staff from Hare manage the information from the client, they have to make a confirmation about the content of the request. For the sake of confirmation, they have to do an outfield job to check it out. Next, the staff make the estimation for the fee and negotiate it with the client and then introduce the client with the most suitable exorcist to do the job. After I complete these steps, then I will be considered a full fledge receptionist and sit over there.

 

At the present time, I feel that my eyes did not make any mistakes. As I thought, that Onee-san is a person who is worthy of respect. As I turn my hand into a fist, I nod my head vigorously while groaning.

 

Zozo: “Soon, it’s the time when we switch the shift with the night staff. Let’s eat outside today for a change of mood!”

Nanari: “Yes!!”

Zozo: “Ufufufu. Good answer.”

 

Zozo senpai posts the request paper on the bulletin board and then take out her coat from under the counter desk.

 

The shift is divided into a day shift and a night shift. Day shift will start from morning until evening and the night shift will start in the evening until the next morning. Up until now, I have only been working on day shifts. Because Zozo senpai is in charge of supervising me, she does not seem to be working on night shifts these days. When I apologized for this, she said that she actually hates working on night shifts. Instead, she thanked me because I had helped her to escape the shifts. She is a nice person.

 

Zozo: “Bring your wallet, ok~”

Nanari: “Yes.”

 

I have been absent minded, so I am not prepared to leave quickly like Zozo senpai. As the time for the shift has not ended yet, I continue to sit at the counter. For the time being, I still have a long way to go to be a friendly or an affable receptionist.

 

“Miss Hell, thanks for your hard work.”

“Hello.”

 

While thinking like that, the person who is in charge of the night shift comes and taps my shoulder and saying thanks for my hard work. An older sister with eyeglasses comes and sits on the chair besides me. Her hair is tied up in one ponytail and she is wearing a white uniform (no an armour actually) with a hat.

 

“Enjoy your dinner.”

Zozo: “Thank you very much. A, please take over.”

“Roger. “

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Translator note:
A new character has been introduced and Nanari starts to settle down with her job. 

If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.



Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter! Reading this, I wonder if there really are people who enjoy jobs like this, it sounds way too stressful for my tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for translation! Really like this novel~ You guys are the best!��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment