I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 11 Part 2

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 11 Part 2

Translator: Masakibluei

Nanari: “I’m leaving.”

Mom: “Have a safe trip. Lala, please take care of this child.”

Lala: “Leave it to me.”

Nanari: “Mom, please be gentle with Dad.”

Mom: “What are you talking about. I’m always gentle with him.”

‘Is that so?’ I said that in a low voice while shaking my hands and laughing. Then I jump on top of Lala and start to take off.

For the time being, the married couple is somehow getting along well.  I probably do not need to worry about them at all.

Nanari: “Say bye to Dad for me!”

I turn back and shout to Mom whose figure has become small to be seen.

Our travel direction is the King island. The weather is good and the wind is not cold. These are the perfect conditions to fly.  If the wind is cold, it would be inevitable that it would hurt the skin. I thought to myself that it would be nice if the weather is always good like this.

Lala’s back feels warm. That’s the reason why I always fell asleep whenever we travel. If you think about it, it’s weird that this fluffy fur can turn into crystal. Although there are so many varieties of magic animal, I’m truly grateful from the bottom of my heart that Lala is my familiar. The fact that we have the same ice attribute makes me feel reassure. Furthermore, Lala is a female, which makes us much closer as female companions and friends. I’m really happy about this fact. Nevertheless, it seems that I’m the only one who consider our relationship as a friendship. After all, Lala is my familiar, and she must obey what ever I command her to do. For Lala, it cannot be helped that no matter how she sees it, I am her master, not a friend.

Lala: “What should I do when we reach Hare?”

Nanari: “Probably you should wait outside. I have to find someone to talk to.”

The size of Hare is about three times of my house. Although it is small compare to my magic school, the scale is pretty big for a merchant institution. The outside of the building is gritty walls with brown and yellow color mixing together. Meanwhile, the inside of the building is wooden walls which makes the inside warm. The atmosphere is the same as the time when I came here once before my graduation. When I thought that I would work in this place, I felt even more excited. It was similar to what I felt when I saw the Onee-san when I was little.

“It’s cheap!”
“Here is cheaper!!”

While I am flying on the sky, I can see the country’s state clearly. Because it’s morning, the food market is busy. I can hear the voices of aunties and uncles cheerfully selling vegetables. They are competing for selling the cheapest one as usual. I remember once I came to the market place in the past, those merchants were tossing their offerings and fought with each other. The customers around them were screaming and running away. There was no customer or even children left.

Generally speaking, people are gathering in the centre of the country. Residences are circling by the center of the city and standing close side by side. Dolan country is a country which is surrounded by forest with overgrown grasses and trees. Because of this, the country is called the Kingdom of Forest. I think it’s such a mystical and nice nickname.

However, I heard quite often that people who live nearby the forest are extremely suffering from the monsters who are lurking in the forest. Despite a barrier is being set to block the monster, somehow the monsters are able to break through it, so it ends up useless.

In this country, we can use magic. There is magic to bring down the demon or monsters and its kindred. However, we do not have any method yet to slay the monsters from the roots. Nevertheless, it is also not a good plan to exterminate all the monsters completely, because there are people who make a living from monster or demon exorcism.

……Good grief, those adults. It’s true that good cannot exist without evil. It does make sense that those two opposite forces have to coexist together, but a world without monsters are absolutely better. Afterall, if you really want to find a job, there are many options available. It’s not like we live in the world where we cannot live unless we go on fighting all the time. I really cannot understand their reason. Rather than monsters, people are more frightening. 

Speaking of which, there was a person who do a research on monsters and made his findings into a publication. Last year, I read those publication at school.

[ A Lifeform with a Completely Evil Disposition. An Existence Which is Mysteriously Different from Magic Animal]

That was the tittle.
The researcher was an old man called Aristo Pigly.

“—At the beginning. The creatures with so many variants that exceeded human’s expectation, and brought so many calamities to our life, did not have anything attached to it. Then those creatures were classified together as evil beings and were given name as demon.  “

“The boundaries between magic animal and demon is kind of ambiguous. The magical animal is classified by their level of aggressiveness, physical appearance, and magical power. If you are searching for a type of magic animal by using this classification, you will find the answer naturally and easily.”

“Nevertheless, this method of classification is not feasible to be applied to demon. The only thing that we know about demon is the fact that they live by eating living being or death object with magical power. Because of this, they attack human, and eat them. They also eat magical animal, but they don’t eat any grass.”

“In this study, we did an autopsy of a demon’s corpse to investigate how a demon was born.”

“The result was surprising. The demon was born from a human being.”

“It’s still a mystery on how the mutation happened. When you looked at it on the beginning, it did not look like a human, instead it resembled a creature with 4 legs. It had sharp fangs and sticky green skin.”

“However, when we did the autopsy, the internal organs and the reproduction organ of the demon corpse were exactly the same as human. “

“Based on the autopsy, we determined the demon was mutated from a human male.”

 “The bone was also absolutely human. Although it was visible that the arrangement of the bones seemed to be forcefully made into a creature which walk on 4 legs. “

“We were still unable to find out how a human turned into a grotesque creature like that. But we thought that it would not be strange at all if a human with at least magical power like us, would be able to mutate into a demon. “

That was written at the end of the publication.

That research, was it a new discovery? That old man wrote such an unsettled thing.

I was reminded of that research when I think about demon. But, is it really possible for a human to turn into a demon?

One of the demon’s characteristics is that it does not have any reproduction capability, but it is incredibly resilience. They come in various shapes and forms which makes it difficult to classify into a specific class. They attack all kinds of magical beings and live by eating them. The reason behind their existences are a mystery.  

However, that point is similar to human beings. The reason behind the existences of human kinds is a mystery. Perhaps because of this, that person came into the conclusion that it would not be strange for a human to turn into a demon.

Lala: “Master, I can see the place.”

Nanari: “O! It’s Hare!”

When I squint my eyes, I can see the building. Hare is just a little bit under the King’s island.

I finally take the second step to become like the receptionist one-san.
While my eyes are glittering with excitement, I stroke Lala’s back. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Translator note:
The fact about the demon is pretty interesting. 

If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.

Comments

Post a Comment