I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 12 Part 1

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 12 Part 1

Translator: Masakibluei

Nanari: “I’m Nanari Hell. From now on I will be in your care.”

At Hare company’s room, there is a lynx woodcraft being displayed on top of the desk. The eyes of the lynx seem to be made out of precious blue gems. It looks really expensive, so I avoid touching it.

Next to the woodcraft, there is a lit candle. The carpet on the floor is decorated with red and green pattern which matches the wooden wall and floor. The quantities of the books here are magnitude. The bookshelves in the room are large, and unlike my jagged bookshelf back at home, it is covered with glass to prevent people from touching the book.

Inside this room, a tall woman with brown hair is standing in front of me with a smile.

Just a moment ago I arrived at Hare. After I got off from Lala, a male Hare employee at the front guides me to go inside the building. All the staff members of Hare are wearing uniforms. The black uniform is for male staff and the white one is for the female staff. However, each person has added their own individual style into the uniform, so they don’t really look the same at all. Some of the women wear a white one-piece dress while others wear a white top with a white skirt.

The man who guides me inside the building wears a moderate length comfortable black coat with 3 white stripes on his shoulder which identifies him as a Hare staff. There are three lines in some parts of the uniform. Those 3 lines had a meaning and represent Hare’s 3 magic paths.


  1.         Always looking Ahead    
  2.   2.   Without crossing 2 lines
  3.         Have your heart straight

These are the 3 things which Hare Maureen taught her employees to reflect inside their hearts. Based on the overall meaning, when you predict that there is a circumstance that you have to solve a problem with magic, use your magical power with a sense of justice. Use your magical power without using evil power, or crossing the line.

That seems to be the point.

In short, don’t use magic for evil.

These were written in the Hare materials which were sent to me during my final year. I was reading the whole thing by myself while nodding and saying ‘Ho…’ all the time.

At the moment, I reach out to a beautiful female director in front of me.

Loctis: “Since you are going to start working tomorrow, today bring your luggage to the dorm. Then, I will guide you around the place.”

Nanari: “Yes!”

Right now, I am in the director's office to greet the director of Hare. My belongings supposed to come a little bit later, but it arrives earlier. Although I’m not feeling nervous like the first time I met her, my body still feels tight.

Loctis: “Then, here. This is the key to your dorm room. Please don’t lose it.”
Nanari: “Understood.”

Loctis: “Nowadays, keys are considered old fashion. We are told to use a spell instead of a key to open or lock the rooms. However, even keys also have their own virtues.”

While saying that, the female director gives me a small golden key tied to a red string.

Nanari: “Thank you very much, Director.”

Director Loctis.

I have met this person 3 times. Now are the 4th times including today. The first time I saw her was during the matches in my 5th year. The second was during my long vacation in my 6th year, and the third time was right after my graduation.

When she saw me for the first time at the Battle Technique Major Competition, she thought that ‘If a person like her wishes to join Hare company, it’s better to seize her as soon as possible.’

Why? It seemed that I was the only one who wanted to join Hare and since a long time ago, there are insufficient employees in Hare. Everyone else was interested to join the Chivalric Orders. I remembered that Director Loctis was hatefully scowling at the Chief of the Chivalric Orders who was sitting at a far away.

There were a lot of things happened huh, behind the scenes.

Nike also chose to join the Chivalric Order instead of Hare. I also knew many people who chose to join the Chivalric Order too. And yet, how could it be that I was the only one who chose Hare?

The first thing that came from the teacher’s mouth when he got to know my aspiration to become like the receptionist Onee-san was, ‘ Aaaaaaa…become a receptionist-!!’

Somehow, I felt an imminent dread instantly and I was making a stance to runaway.

The chief of the magician guild of Hare seems to be an amazing person. She was chosen as one of 'The Top 100 Magician in the Modern Times’. She is also named as one of the most famous heroes. She becomes my aspiration of a person that I want to be. 

Loctis: “Ah, beforehand, we have to make your uniform and magic tool.”

Nanari: “?”

Director Loctis put her hand on her chin and groans. Although I am supposed to put my belongings and being guided around, there is something else that we have to do first.

The fire on the candles beside the woodcarving are swaying.

Nanari: “Uniform and magic tool?”

Loctis: “Yes. For female.”

N? Uniform?

I thought the uniform is a provision that is supplied by the company. But to make it now? Certainly, everyone was wearing different styles of uniform though. Is it possible to design the uniform by ourselves and pick the material which we want to use for the uniform? If that is the case, Hare is amazing. The treatment of the staff is really good. Speaking of which, based on the material which I read before, the salary is pretty good too.

Furthermore, what are the magic tools used for? That we are going to make it now…I’m a little worried because there was no explanation written about it on the material. 

No no no, my dream is to become like the receptionist one-san. So, calm down, calm down me. Whatever happens, I have to go with the flow while smiling.

Loctis: “Miss Hell. Touch this sphere with both of your hands.”

Director Loctis smiles at me while tilting her head. She opens a long door of a red closet next to the bookshelf in the room.

Nanari: “……water?”

A sphere of water that is as big and tall of me comes out from the closet. It comes to the front of me while making a slashing sound. It looks like a water tank without glass that is floating in the air.

Nanari: “……?”

I fearfully reach out my hands to touch it. The director told me to touch it, but still……

Unintentionally, I see a man standing by the door. That man in the forties who wears glasses in the one who came inside together with me and guided me around the building. He looks at me and urges me to quickly put both of my hands on the sphere.

Nanari: “Can I really touch it?”

I turn to Director Loctis to ask her.

Loctis: “This is called Gigness Ty Nero, the water of creation. It was made by the first director Hare Maureen. When a magician touches it, it will analyze the magician and choose the right weapon and armor which suits the magician best. “

Nanari : “Armour and weapon?”

Loctis: “The armor is the uniform which every employee is wearing. The weapon will be useful when you are going for a field job.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Translator note:
I'm interested to read more about the head of the chivalric order. I hope we will get more stories about him. 
--------
Previous TOC  Next Chapter





If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.

Comments

Post a Comment