I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 12 Part 2

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 12 Part 2

Translator: Masakibluei
All the hare staff are equipped with armour and weapon……

The fact that there are dangerous tasks to do is not something that I do not know already. I thought I have prepared myself for it, but it goes beyond my expectation. I feel confused and impressed at the moment.

I see. The uniform was an armour.

I touch the sphere with both of my hands. It feels refreshing, like touching real water. I also feel a little bit wet. When I turn my eyes on Director Loctis, she seems to mutters some spells from her mouth.

Nanari: “!”

Something is formed inside the sphere. Is that a stick? The stick then comes out from the sphere.

Wha, what is this? My arm is going through the sphere. 

When I look at the director, she told me to take the stick. Therefore, I release my hand from the sphere and grab the stick out. The stick feels hard and cool as an iron.

The stick which I take out from the sphere is very very long. It is taller than me and looks expensive with silver color.

It’s a stick, a stick.

When I look at it closely, it is covered in a beautiful pattern. But no matter how closely you look at it, in the end it’s just a stick.

Loctis: “Ah, Dare Rabidos (The Goddess’s Stick)?

Nanari: “…wha?

Loctis: “It’s not a normal stick. It’s a Goddess’s stick.”

Goddess’s stick.

The Goddess sounds good, but a stick does not seem like a reliable weapon. Now inside my head, I can only imagine a woman swinging a stick while spitting out fire from her mouth. The Goddess is running around with the stick. Moreover, she moves in such expressive speed. 

I hold the stick with both of my hands. However, I don’t know what to do with it, so I timidly submit it to the director. But Director Loctis refuses to accept it.  She said the stick belongs to me, so she pushes the stick back to me while smiling.

Loctis: “This stick is able to memorize magic circles that the user writes into it. Therefore, you won’t need to draw a magic circle in the ground to perform magic, instead, you can tap your stick to invoke your magic.”

Nanari: “Magic circle, huh…”

Usually, you cannot invoke magic without writing a magic circle on the ground or paper. If you try to create a magic circle by chanting a spell to invoke it, it won’t work. However, you can still cast magic with spell magic. For these reasons, magic circle is not something that I fond of. If you want to save time to use it, just write it in advance in a piece of paper.

Apparently, this Goddess stick can memorize magic circle. This magic tool might be quite useful.

Loctis: “Other than that, hmm. You can probably use it to beat and strike your enemy with it.”

Nanari: “It’s a stick after all.”

With the exception of function like that, it’s still a goddess’s stick.

Loctis: “It’s such a good weapon. If you swing it, it will become a sword, if you brush it, it will become a bow and if you knock it to the ground, it will become a spear. “

After that, the director says that I can try to practice using it later. Then suddenly, the sphere is shining once again. My eyes get bigger from the shock when my body suddenly is surrounded by lights. Actually, the one which is shining is my clothes and it started to change its shape and color. My brown one-piece dress turns into white, while the sleeves and collar of the dress change into a different shape.

Nanari: “Is this, a uniform?”

My previous dress turns into a knee-length white dress with a large hood. The sleeves are tightly fit to my arm while it the end near the hands are loose and at the end of the hem, there are patterns of blue vines. The shoes are white boots with a length that slightly bellows the thigh.

Loctis: “Oh? I apologize a little bit about this.”

Right after she makes a short apology, she casts a bolt of small lightning on her hand. As she turns to me, she behaves like she is about to attack me………E?

Nanari: “Di, Did Director!? Why do you cast that lightning on your hand!!”

Loctis: “It’s alright.”

Nanari: “What is alright?”

While in the middle of the conversation, Director fires a flash of light in my direction.

I’m done for. Perhaps, this is not Hare, but an evil organization. I might have been set up by someone and it was wrong to come here! I’m done!

Loctis: “I see, it’s ‘Olden Skateway’ (nullification clothes), huh.”

In split seconds, I reflectively shut my eyes. However, after I wait for a while, I do not feel any kind of pain. Other than feeling that I was pressed by something, there was nothing happened. Then I slightly open my eyes and begin to check my body. There is no injury on my body and my clothes are also still intact.

Beforehand, the director was convinced and called my uniform as ‘Olden Skateway’.

Olden Skateway?

A nullification outfit. Is this an outfit that can nullify any kind of magic? If this is the case, then the Director’s lightning attack was perhaps nullified by this outfit? “

When I try to feel and touch the clothes, I do not feel anything special about it. But the touching sensation of the material feels better than my previous clothes.

But, a nullification outfit, huh.
My feeling becomes heavier.

Nanari : “Um, this clothes is supposed to protect the magician who wears it, right.”

Loctis: “Yes, That’s right.”

Nanari: “Then, is it possible that I don’t have a good amount of magical power?”

Loctis: “Why do you think that?”

Nanari: “……Because if I have good abilities, then I won’t need exceptional clothes that can completely protect me, right? Did the sphere determine that I have no abilities?”

If this is truly a nullification clothes, then they will remain on my body as my personal protective armour. Despite the cute design, it gives you very powerful protection. Nevertheless, I might be given such powerful magic equipment because the Gigness Ty Nero classifies me as a weak magician.

More than half of my feeling is mortifying than happy that I was given these protective clothes. I’m not being conceited, but I thought I was a great magician. I thought that I was strong as a man and also incredibly stronger than everyone else as I wanted.

That’s why I can’t be straightly happy when I receive this kind of equipment.

Loctis: “It’s not because of that.”

Nanari: “But…”

Loctis: “You, are the type who can be reckless sometimes.”

Nanari: “?”

Loctis: “Miss Hell, during the competition when you were fifth grade, despite being burned so badly, you rescued your comrade, right? Furthermore, you even saved the rest of the children that being left too. The Chief of the Chivalric Order who was on the seat was screaming ‘That child would belong to us!’ Then we were fighting for you, you know.”

Then she smiles as she remembers something nostalgic.

Loctis: “This thing, can also judge a person’s personality. Gigness Ty Nero can read a magician’s blood magic type, ability, and also personality. Then based on that information, it can produce magic equipment which would best suit the magician. Gigness Ty Nero gives you the Goddess Stick and the Nullification Clothes because it makes a judgment that these tools will suit you the best. I think it probably gives you the ‘Olden Skateway’ after considering your personality, not because of your lack of ability. Maybe it predicts that if something happens in the future, you will recklessly jump into a dangerous situation. That’s the reason.”

Nanari: “Reckless…”

Loctis: “It’s not because you do not have enough magical power, alright. Put more faith into your own ability. “

While the Director said that, she strokes my head gently.

Loctis: “Another thing to add. Disclosing any information regarding the Gigness Ty Nero is prohibited. “

Nanari: “Prohibited?”

Loctis: “Although it recognizes me, the truth is, anyone can use it as long as they know the spell. It’s one of a kind. It can even create legendary weapons like in the folklore. This thing is extremely valuable. To prevent any misuse, everyone in Hare is bound by the rule of secrecy.”

Nanari: “Is, is that so?”

I replied, ‘Understand’. When she hears my reply, the director sits down on the chair and smiles at me.

Loctis: “Please cast a spell to make the Dare Rabidos smaller. If you leave it like that in the original size, it will be inconvenient for you. Make it smaller enough to attach it to your waist. Maybe the belt on your uniform is designed for that purpose. “

Nanari: “Is this belt really made for that purpose? To suit the magician who wears it?”

When I put the reduction spell to reduce the size of the stick, it goes easily by the hole in the belt. The hole fits the stick perfectly. It looks like a scabbard for the stick.

Loctis: “Finally, I can start to teach you about your work in Hare. Shall we carry your luggage first? As I said before, today I will only show you around and gives you some explanations about the vicinity. But, be prepared for tomorrow. “

Nanari: “Yes.”

I hang my bag by my shoulder.
Nike and ‘That guy’, as well as everyone else, what are they doing at this moment?
Since both Benjamin and Santanath are working as Exorcist, I might have a chance to meet them someday at Hare. Maybe I should send a letter to Marisa or Nike when I get used to this new environment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Translator note:
Nanari has the most amazing imaginations ever. How come she came up with the Goddess's image?
--------
Previous TOC  Next Chapter





If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.

Comments

Post a Comment