My Father is a Hero, My Mother is a Spirit, the Daughter (Me) is a Reincarnator Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23

A Battle With The Malicious Man. 


Translator: Masakibluei
Lawrence is grinning from ear to ear while replying ‘It’s a natural matter’ with an old man’s lovestruck expression on his face. It really ruins his stern image.

“Look! Sir Lawrence’s face……!!”

As expected, the other servants are surprised when they see Lawrence in foolish grandpa mode.

“Lawrence, your facial expression is really loose,” said Sauvell with a bitter smile.

Lawrence looks at Sauvell with a sharp gaze and replies.

Lawrence: “Obviously. It’s really hard to find a person who is worthy to be cared for. I’m itching to use all of my skills. “

Sauvell is laughing at the old man who is puffing his chest so proudly over his granddaughter.

Isabella: “Ellen dear, you really know how to grasp your servant’s heart, huh. It’s amazing.”

As she said that Isabella pats my head again. For some reason, I feel that my head has been patted by her for a while. 

(E, isn’t this normal………?)

I thought that my action should be normal, but then I remember Agriel. Lawrence had been dealing with Agriel’s extreme atrocities. Agriel saw the servants as a tool and nothing else. In the end, I’m glad that the people in this house have finally been released from her.


At the same time as the celebration party at the Vankriff house, a certain man is standing in Lafissel’s private room to confront him.

Lafissel: “You are going to stop reporting?”

Lafissel’s angry voice is echoing inside the room.

Albert: “I was found out by Lord Rovel and removed from my position.”

Lafissel: “Aaa, I see. So soon. As expected of Rovel.”

Albert is puzzled at Lafissel who seems to be happy to be found out. While humming, Lafissel seems to ponder about something and then turns his gaze at Albert.

Lafissel: “Did you see his daughter's face?”

Albert: “Yes.”

Lafissel : “That’s good.”

Lafissel takes a paper from the top of the table, puts a quill pen on the ink, and starts to write something. While waiting for the ink on the letter to be dried, he also writes something on the envelope. Albert watching the crown prince silently by the side as he puts the letter inside the envelope and seals it with wax. A stamp with the insignia of the royal family emblem is pushed on the wax. After the letter is sealed, Lafissel hands the letter to Albert.

Lafissel: “Deliver this letter.”

Albert: “……I have been ordered to take some penitent. Inviting Lord Rovel to meet His Hightness…”

Lafissel : “Not him. This is for his daughter.”

While Lafissel is smiling meaningfully, Albert’s face turns pale.


After the celebration party is over, Mother and Father went back to the spirit world. I sent off Father who said that he would come tomorrow morning to get me with reproachful eyes.

I spend the night with Isabella, Lawrence and the maids are all taking care of me. Even when I took a bath, several maids came to attend me. I become exhausted because of this. Moreover, due to being stuffed after eating too much at the celebration party, a wave of sleepiness splashes over me and I start to doze off.

Isabella: “Ara, you are sleepy, huh.”

U—I moan while rubbing my sleepy eyes. When Isabella sees me doing that, she gives me a warning not to rub my eyes with my hands.

Ellen: “Am I going to sleep together with Grandma?”

Isabella: “………YES.”

Suddenly Isabella replies to my question with a very loud and energetic voice.

Isabella: “Then, you should go first to sleep. After Grandma takes a bath, Grandma will come. Please go ahead to rest. “

when I lay on the bed, Isabella pats my head. As soon as I lay my body, I go to sleep right away.


After some little bit of time has passed, I feel that someone is tapping my shoulder pretty hard. I wake up immediately because of that. When I open my eyes, the one standing in front of me is Albert who is being said to be on penitence.

Ellen: “……?”

I raise my upper half body and ask him what he is doing here. Albert with a low voice, replies while handing something over to me.

Albert: “…This.”

What is that? When I look at it, it’s actually a letter. I don’t know the reason why he is handing a letter to me. Although I learn how to read from Father, isn’t he suppose to give the letter directly to Father before? Suddenly, I come to remember what Father said before.

Rovel: “It’s highly possible that His Highness would use my daughter to solve the Royal family problem.”

Ellen: “Aaa, that malicious man………Is this from His Highness?”

Albert is shocked that I am able to comprehend the situation. If I reject the letter, this person will be punished by His highness. After some deliberation, I accept the letter without a fuss. I keep the letter on my hand without opening it and I start to talk to Albert.

Ellen: “Uncle, do you hate the Vankriff family?”

Albert: “That’s not it!!”

Hearing my words, Albert raises his voice instinctively when he answers me. His straightforward answer makes me hold back some other words that I want to say and I look up at him in puzzlement.

Ellen: “Then, why did you do this? Esteem Father is very upset.”

Albert: “I know.”

Ellen: “Did you think that the Vankriff house would be peaceful if I make a connection with the Royal Family?”

Albert: “……! How..”

Ellen: “From what I heard from Father and the others; your action is an unnecessary help.”

Albert is shocked when he heard me say this.

Ellen: “Some part of me and Father are humans, but we are also spirits. Certainly, from the point of view of the Royal family, they deem us as very important people.  For both of us, the fact that the Royal Family is interested in us is a huge nuisance. “

Albert: “……Why.”

Ellen: “The Royal family might not notice this, but there is a connection that cannot be severed. We cannot be connected to the Royal family. It’s impossible. “

Albert: “Can you please explain it to me…?”

Ellen: “If you want me to give you an example. It would be like the relationship between the Vankriff family and Agriel.”

Albert: “Agriel? “

Ellen: “You should understand how the people in this house hate Agriel, right? Try to think about it. Do you think the people in this house would ever forgive Agriel?”

Albert: “……That’s, no way……”

Ellen: “The Royal family has been like that since a long time ago. “

I shake the letter in my hand.

Ellen: “This is a personal invitation, isn’t it?

I assume the content of the letter without opening the letter and Albert is just looking at me in silence.

Ellen: “Uncle, you should cut your relationship with His highness right away. If Father gets to know about this incident, then you would not be able to get away just by apologizing. “

While albert is at a loss of words to say, I continue to talk.

Ellen: “It’s obvious that His Highness does not care what would happen with uncle. Because even if uncle is thrown out by the Vankriff family, it will not affect that Malicious man. If you really feel a lot of gratitude toward this family, you should stop having mistaken ideas. “

Albert is taken aback by my straightforward words. But then he makes a vassal’s gesture of gratitude.

Albert: “I’m really sorry, Lady Ellen……”

Ellen: “………So that’s how it is. Perhaps Esteem Father already knows about the whole situation. He must have been watching us from somewhere.”

Albert becomes stiff instantly. Despite that, I urge him to leave.

Ellen: “I will persuade Esteem Father. After this, please tell that Malicious man, that I refuse his invitation because Father would be mad.”

Albert: “………Yes.”

Upon hearing Albert’s reply, I burn the letter on my hand. I did not open the letter and the seal was still intact. After the letter is burned to ashes, I change the composition of the particles, bind it with oxygen and turn it into smoke.  

Albert’s eyes are wide open in shock when he sees the letter disappears instantly. Ignoring his reaction, I yawn because of sleepiness. Seeing me yawn, he then only said, “Then, please have a good rest.”. After the exchange, I go back to the bed and hide under the bedsheet.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Translator note:

I have read so many Japanese reincarnations stories, but Ellen is definitely the only character who shows a lot of maturities that are appropriate to her real ages and previous life. She is extremely smart and behaves like an adult (mental wise, she is an adult). 

In regards to Albert, I think I can sympathize with him. Sauvell was unable to control Agriel, and the Vankriff family was in a dire situation. On top of that, Rovel was also missing and Isabella, also left the house alone. He did what he did because he was desperate. Unfortunately, he chose the wrong person for help. As implied before, the one who came up with the idea to trick Sauvell to sleep with Agriel was Lafissel. Lafissel was also the one who pushing Agriel into the Vankriff house. 

Previous TOC  Next Chapter



If you like our translation, please support us by reading our translation at our site or buying us a cup of coffee!





Comments

  1. Ty very much for all the effort you put into translating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the chapter and your hard work ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen is amazing. Deeply impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment