I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 13 Part 2

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 13 Part 2

Translator: Masakibluei

It seems that Zozo-san already took her coat with her. When I stand up from my chair, she is already standing by the side of the counter and waves her hands. Zozo’s uniform consists of a short undergarment, short boots, and coat with long sleeves. Her overall looks give the impression of an energetic young girl. Since she does not wear anything that is covering her head, her lustrous and beautiful black hair is exposed.

If my hair is like that……I pick up some of my loose hair in comparison. My hair color is light or pale in color. Even though my current hair is not as beautiful as Zozo-san’s but I used to have the same beautiful dark colored hair like hers, but……At one point, I was tempted to dye my hair into dark brown again with magic. But I felt weird to do it, so I ended up not doing it.

 

Zozo: “What’s wrong?”


Nanari: “Nothing.”


It seems that she is worried because I look depressed out of a sudden.

Eeee, let’s stop, stop.

 

Nanari: “What do you want to eat today, Senpai?”

 

Zozo: “Today, rather than meat, I want to eat a lot of vegetables. “

 

Nanari: “Then, the Herbivore Wolf restaurant, huh?”

 

Zozo: “Let’s go there!”

 

Despite living in the dormitory for nearly 2 weeks, I have been accompanying Senpai eating out these days. Even though I had spent a lot of time to learn how to cook, I never had a chance to do it here. If this keeps going on, I would definitely forget what I learned before. On the other hand, Zozo-san said that she does not cook because cooking for only herself makes her feels empty.

When Zozo sees a pair of lovers inside of Hare, she spits on the floor where no one is watching. Even though Zozo-san is cute, she is a little boorish. Personally, hmmm…I shouldn’t judge a person's character like that, but her frank personality feels quite refreshing.

From then on, we go to the Herbivore Wolf restaurant to eat dinner. After dinner, Zozo wants to aimlessly wandering around. However, since I haven’t received my salary yet, I go back to my room in the dorm.

The space in my room at the dorm is big enough to fit about 8 single beds. Compare to my room at home, this room is way bigger. Nevertheless, the rent payment will be drawn from the salary. However, everything is provided, from the kitchen to bed and many more which outweigh the salary cut. There is also a shower in each room, with hot water too. But, if you want to take a bath and submerge yourself in warm water, you have to go to the public bathhouse.

 

Nanari: “Fu…”

 

Without changing my clothes, I bury face into a fluffy pillow. After rubbing my face forcefully with the pillow, I roll my body and face the ceiling.

Speaking of which, If I break down my job today, what I did was checking the content of the request which was submitted by the client and post it on the Hare bulletin board. Checked and posted, checked and posted. Repeatedly.

Apparently, the first year of newcomers are the ones who are in charge of the Client reception job. Consequently, as a newcomer, I won’t be moved from that position for one whole year. Every single day I have been watching senpais’ back going for an outfield job, having a discussion with the exorcist, and accepting requests. I have been watching until my seat is hot (I’ve been sitting in the same place for a long time after all, of course, it would be hot).

 

Be that as it may, what I am doing currently is also an important job. Well, the job itself is relatively easy. Thus, it is given to the newcomer to handle it. However, it’s still an important job to do. Anyway, to begin with, if there is no one working at the client reception, then there won’t be any work to give to the exorcist.

 

Nanari: “That’s right.”

 

While laying down on the bed, I stretch out my hand to the desk next to the bed. I open the small drawer from the desk and quickly find the item that I am looking for. What I am looking for is a letter in a light blue envelope. As I lay down on my back while facing the ceiling, I hold the letter to the front of my face. 

This letter is from Benjamin which I received yesterday. When the Dorm Aunty gave me the letter, she made a remark, “Ara, you are quite smooth, aren’t you?”. Apparently, she misunderstood Benjamin as a boy from her name. She thought I got a love letter from my boyfriend.

I politely tried to clear up the misunderstanding by saying that my inner self is still like a little girl. However, she misunderstood my denial as me being too shy to admit it. Hence, I am still unable to resolve her misunderstanding up until now.

All letters or packages which are being sent to the dorm residents are delivered to the Dorm Aunty’s room first. The delivery man would send the package to the Aunty Dorm and then, the Aunty dorm would personally give the package to the dorm resident. The package would be given intact and safely.

Although there is a spell to deliver any kind of packages to the person who you are intended to, the success rate of the delivery is not very good. Sometime the package would get stuck on the tree, or fallen into a puddle of water. Therefore, if you want to send the package safely, you have to rely on the delivery man. While magic is convenient, ultimately, human’s work is more trustworthy.

 

Nanari: “It’s from Benjamin……”

 

I haven’t read the letter; thus, I open the envelope to read it.

 

Nanari: “I have to reply her.”

 

I have been thinking to write a letter to everyone, but I never wrote anything. This letter comes at the right time. I finally have an excuse to write letter. Let’s use this chance to write letters for everyone. 

The flower pattern paper is written with Benjamin’s beautiful handwriting.

 

Dear Nanari,

Did you forget about me already? 3 weeks have passed since graduation, but you never sent me a letter. I’m so amazed. …How? Unbelievable. But I’m more amazed at myself at the fact that I write a letter after 3 weeks we are apart. Even though I sent a letter to Nike and Nath too, I still feel anxious.

Since we were together for so long, it feels so lonely now after we are apart. At first, I wondered if it would be bad to live in school for 6 years. Now, I’m really surprised at myself when I find myself missing all of you. I wonder if I would become a super clingy woman when I get a boyfriend. I hate the possibility and I start to be scared of myself. ----Aa, but but, will you listen to me? Before graduation, I made a promise with Nath because we were going into the same profession, alright? When I grumbled that it would be lonely after being separated from everyone, he said,” then, if that the case, would you like to work together?”

Hence, I right, right away raised my hand and agreed to his proposal! After all, would that kind of chance happen often? Nope! Given that Nath is a moody person, if I didn’t give him a reply right away, I would lose the chance. The same thing happened with the graduation dance party. I asked him right before everyone else. Nath is the type of person who is aroused by his current mood. This is something that I learned after observing him for 6 years. ……but, up until now, I haven’t heard anything back from him. Thus, I sent him a letter at the same time as I sent my letter to you and everyone else… Do you think it would be fine?”

 

Nanari: “…………”


“Isn’t it fine, though.”

 

That single line is the first one that I write to my friend who I haven’t seen for a while.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Translator note:
Oh, Benjamin. Your letter is more like a love consultation request. I feel like I can see Nanari's blank expression when she read it. 

Special thanks to Kahani. Thanks for your support!


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.


Comments

  1. Imagine asking Nanari for love advice lmao

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagined Zozo-san spitting on the ground while reading Benjamin's letter~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment