I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 14 Part 2

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 14 Part 2

Translator: Masakibluei

I was writing the magic circles by following the order listed in the book. Although I have some doubt that there would be a time when those magic circles would be useful, I still think that it’s a good idea to practice on it. For this reason, today I will carefully choose a magic circle that I want to use and write the one that I like.

 

Nanari: “Vegetables and……is there only vegetables?”

 

Unfortunately, when I decide to cook and peek into my pantry, there is nothing except vegetables. Then I’ve just realized now that I had used the last rabbit bird meat for last night's dinner. If I don’t have any staple food nor any meat, then I have no choice but to go shopping. I wish I can produce some meat with magic, but unfortunately, I can’t do it so I have to drop the idea. Whether using fire or ice magic to cut off a living animal into a slice of meat is also very tricky to do, and there is no such magic exists. However, I might be able to steal some meat from a butcher shop with magic, but nowadays many shops have set up a crime prevention security system so it won’t work.

In the end, I change my clothes and prepare to go out.

 

Nanari: “Caloma Gear Zeon! (Magic Animal Summon)!”

 

Let’s go to the town market. The place to buy the food ingredients is quite far, so I summon Lala.

 

Lala: “Master.”

 

Lala appears with ‘poff’ sound effect of familiar summoning.


Nanari: “No, You can’t call me that. Call me Nanari.”


Lala: “Nanari-sama.”


Nanari: “Na-Na-Ri.”


Lala: “Na……Nanari-sama.”

 

The white wolf hangs her head down in front of me. Then she kneels down and castaway her gaze from me while repeatedly calling my name.

Lala has been calling me ‘Master’ since she became my familiar. However, after we came to Hare, I want her to change and call me by my name. Whenever she called me Master, I feel very lonely. From Lala’s point of view, this might be an unreasonable wish, however, even if I have to go against her will, I will still force her to do it.

Apparently, when Lala lived with her packs before, the leader of the Lycos pack is called ‘Master’ by the others, thus Lala calls me ‘Master’ out of this habit. Then when I summoned her for the first time, she recognized me as her master and called me ‘Master’. At that time, I did not think much about it, but then the others’ familiars were calling their master with their name without hesitation. Then it started to weigh on my mind. When I asked Nike, Benjamin and Marisa for their opinions;

 

Nike: “It’s her character.”


Benjamin: “I’m jealous. My familiar address me with “-chan” when we met for the first time.”

(Masakibluei note: calling someone you met for the first time with –“chan” suffix can be considered impolite or overfamiliar)


Marisa: “In my case, I command my familiar to call me ‘Goddess-sama’.”

 

Aside from Marisa, everyone considers this a good thing. Therefore, I thought to myself that each person really has different values from each other.


Nanari: “Lala, let’s go shopping at the town market.”


Lala: “What are you going to buy?”


Nanari: “Meat. Because I only have vegetables left. While on it, let’s take this chance to go strolling.”


Lala: “Are you doing well with the magic circle absorption?”


Nanari: “It’s not like that………When I see Lala, I feel like taking a stroll.”


Lala: “It might be good to take a break once in a while, isn’t it.”


Nanari: “That’s right. Let’s go.”

 

I close the door of my room. Although I feel bad for my stomach that has been begging for food, today I will buy something light to eat for lunch. Though my intention to buy meat does not change, somehow my mood changes when I see Lala.

 

'Shall we take a chance of this precious day off to deepen our bond?' that’s what I thought.

 

Zozo: “Going out?”

Nanari: “You too, Zozo-san?”

Zozo: “Yeah. I’m going to meet my friend in the neighboring country.”

 

When I am walking in the hallway of the corridor with Lala, coincidently we meet Zozo-san. She wears a cap on her head and a crossbody bag hanging on his body. Zozo-san’s days off are approximately the same as me. Since Zozo-san is taking care of me, the director seems to match our schedule too. However, I’m a little bit worried about her trip to the neighboring country.

 

Zozo: “The weather is nice today, it’s such a perfect day to play!”


Nanari: “You are right!.....Uhm, but please take care. I heard that the area near the border is insecure, and the knights of the kingdom are also patrolling around that area.”


Zozo: “It will be fine. Because we are not weak.”


Nanari: “Th…that’s true.”

 

She sticks out her chest while laughing and I respond with a strained smile.

While there is no dangerous request coming in recently, that does not mean there are no demons in the forest. Although there was no damage, there were many sightings of monsters being reported in the forest. Hence, the chivalric order has been given a royal order by the King to investigate the matter.

Because Nike is a part of the chivalric order, I begin to worry about her. It would be good if she is not forced with unreasonable work. Although the chivalric order has started to accept female knights, in the end, it’s still mostly led by men. Then I start to worry about her in a different sense. What if an annoying bug is trying to attach himself to her.

 

Nanari: “Then let’s have a good day off.”

Zozo: “Yeah, bye Nanari.”


As Zozo-san said that, she rushes out from the hallway. When I see her spirited figure, I start to admire her vitality. Likewise, I also walk toward the entrance. At the same time, I can hear the voice of the Dorm Aunty from the 3rd floor, where I am currently at. She is yelling, “Don’t run inside the dorm!”

 

The Aunty dorm resides on the 1st floor. Perhaps she saw Zozo-san running in a rush, then got extremely mad, raised a demon horn on her head, and shouted.

 

Everyone is so lively.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translator note:
It's seemed that something is going to happened soon. 


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.


Comments

  1. Thank you tor the chapter~😊
    Ah, can't wait for Nanari to meet her friends 😣

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment