I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 6 Part 2

UNTIL I BECAME A RECEPTIONIST

CHAPTER 6 Part 2

Translator: Masakibluei
There are 150 5th graders students gathering at the center of the arena. On the other hand, the surrounding seats of the arena are filled with parents and visitors. Approximately there are 300 or 400 people come to see the matches. Of course, my parents are coming here to see me perform. There are also students from other grades who come for an observational study. The arena is about half size from the school building and it does not have a roof. If it’s raining, the headmaster will make an invinsible roof for protection, so the arena can be used even on rainy days. Someday I would love to learn about this magic from the Headmaster.

Noble girl: “I’m nervous Marisa.”

Marisa: “Oh, you are nervous? If you show that you are nervous, the opponent will look down at you. You have to act confidently all the time, no matter what happens. “

The conversation can be heard from behind. Right now, each group is lining up into a line to wait for the teacher’s explanation. The noble students are dressed up more than usual probably due to the arrival of their parents or the other special visitors. However, their styles are not gaudy or flashy like when they first came as a first-year with sparkling dresses or coats. Today they dress up in a more elaborate and polished style. Their clothes are using colors that the noble usually use to show off their nobility, but at the same time, the designs of the clothes are made to be easy to move with. For the time being, I can see that everyone is deathly serious to do their best.

Meanwhile, we, the commoners are wearing the same clothes as we usually do.  Well, personally I always prefer to wear clothes that are easy to move. Like this particular saying: Practice makes the performance perfect, and performance makes the practice perfect. In regards to my clothes for today,  I wear clothes that I usually use for practice. I mean it seriously. But Marisa retorted my opinion, “That’s just an excuse.” In my point of view, the nobles just do not understand the commoners’ aspirations.

“A!”

By accident, when I glance at my back, I see the sight of the detestable guy at the back of the line. That’s Lockman whose hair now has grown beyond his shoulder until his chest.  It suits him but some time ago, I had a mortifying incident with his hair. When I first saw his long hair, I absent-mindedly called him a ‘girly man’. As retribution, he burned my hair with his fire. Why is my hair fated to be burned so often?

“He-“

At the moment I am thinking about what I am going to do and my long-standing habit to reflect come to me. I feel excited to compete with Lockman to the point that I am grinning like crazy.  However, my excitement goes down instantly and it ends up with a small grin as Nike is shooting her cold glare at me while saying “What are you laughing at?”


One teacher stands up in front of all the 5th-grade students.

Teacher: “Everyone, now we are officially starting the Battle Technique Major Competition. “

As I hear the teacher’s voice, I turn my attention.

Teacher: “The details of the tournament are the same as the announcement from a couple of days ago. The first part of the tournament is the group match. And then the 2nd part will become the individual match.  There are 150 students participating here but we do not have time for everyone to do the individual match. As a result, in order to participate in the individual match, your group has to pass the match. Do you understand?”

The teacher looks over us from the podium.

Teacher: “Shall I repeat? If the group cannot pass, you cannot participate in the individual match.”

The teacher emphasizes the compulsion in his last sentence.

I think to myself; the teacher’s last sentence must be very important to the point that he had to repeat it twice and he said it while pointing his index finger at us.

Teacher: “While on the subject, the matches will be divided for the boys and the girls. First, we will start with the girls' match. The boys will sit at the side to watch.”

In the dorm, the boys and the girls are also separated.  Correspondently, there is no mixed group of boys and girls for the match. After hearing the teacher’s speech, the boys move to the arena seats to watch the girls match, leaving 25 groups of 75 girls on the arena.  In the vast arena, a very small group of 75 girls can be seen.

“Commoner girls! Do your best!”
“Hell, at any cost, don’t lose!”
“Show the true power of the nobles!”
“It’s really a spectacle to see the girls fight!”

The boys at the arena seats are excited to watch us. 

Surely, it’s more fun to become the audience than the performer.

“?”

When I thoughtlessly looking at the audience seats, my body sways a little bit.

I’m shaking? No, it’s not me.

I’m not the one that shaking, but the ground is.

Nanari: “Hei, Nike………”

Teacher: “Then, the first task for the girls is…”

Nike and Benjamin: “Kyaaaa!”

Before the teacher finishes speaking, the two of my teammates, Nike and Benjamin suddenly shriek.

Nanari: “Nike, Benjamin!?”

Firearms suddenly appear from the ground. The arms of fire without any pause come to our direction and suspend both Nike and Benjamin’s hand. Perhaps the slight shaking of the ground earlier is actually the sign for the arms of fire's appearance.

Nanari: “Are both of you okay?!”

Both Benjamin and Nike's hands are tied up and they are unable to move. Nike who is not really good with heat is having a worse time than Benjamin and her face is stiffen. Due to the heat, Nike’s face complexion turns blue. It looks like blood has been drained from her head. Meanwhile Benjamin seems to have more resistance toward the fire because her magic type is also fire. However, the fire is still pretty hot which makes her complexion looks bad as well. Other groups in the arena are also having a similar situation where 2 of their group members are tied up on the air by the firearms.

Other group: “O… I’m hanging.”

The teacher looks like he is enjoying the situation while holding a book that he hides behind his arm. Or rather, he is laughing. What a demon!

Marisa: “Teacher! What is this about!?”
Marisa is shouting as she watches her teammates start to cry while hanging in the air.

Teacher: “This is the first task of the tournament. “
Marisa: “This is the task!?”

Everyone is confused and looks at the teacher.    

Teacher: “The two members of your group are being captive in front of you. You can help your team members by cutting the arms of fire. But you can only save one team member without any problem. There will be a consequence if you save the second person. Your body will be burned by fire magic. Although it won’t kill you, it’s still pretty hot. The time limit is 5 minutes. In the meantime, help your friend with your magic. Aaa, for the one who is being captive, you won’t be able to escape by using magic on your own. Thanks to the king who collaborates and makes the firearms with his magic. “

Then everyone turns their back to see the royal seat where the King is sitting and smiling while waving his hand at us. 

I see. So, this is the fire magic of Prince Zenon’s father, the King of Dolan. It’s formidable. I never have seen the King’s magic before, but I heard that he is the strongest magician in the whole country. Therefore, it will not be easy to break his magic.

The student: “If we help one person, then what about the other?”

Teacher: “They will have to bear the heat for a little longer. It will not harm their life. Perhaps their skin will get scorched though. After you release your teammates, go to that place.”

The teacher points his finger to the sky. At the direction where he points, there is a big glass board floating on the top of the arena.

Teacher: “If you are able to reach that place as a group, you will be deemed as successful and will be able to participate in the individual tournament…Hey everyone, please don’t look dispirited. After 5 minutes, you will be released. Feel at ease.”

What do you mean by feel at ease? Didn’t you say that our skin can get burned by the fire?

The student: “This is not easy.”

Teacher: “Just cut the arms of fire……If you are not fast enough, everyone will get burned.”

The student: “These arms of fire are casted by the King, right? Moreover…Oh? Did you say that everyone will get burned??”

I’m not hearing things. Just a moment ago, he did say that.

But sure enough, the injuries from being burned for 5 minutes by the fire might not be too severe. The girls who are not being captive are looking at their teammates.

In my case, I frequently get burned by Lockman’s fire, but I will always be healed by the teacher who is specialized in healing magic. So, it didn’t matter. I’m always feeling grateful for the teacher because she heals my wounds perfectly. I also remember very well when she got really mad at me one time when I was badly injured.

Medical teacher: “Enough, Nanari-san! You are a girl. Can’t you stay quite.”

Since the injuries might not be too severe and the school also has medical teams ready by the side, everyone thinks that getting a little injury will be fine, but…

Teacher: “Then everyone, do your best for 5 minutes.”

The teacher raises the book for everyone to see. When you see it properly, there is a big 5 and 10 written on it. The number 10 gradually decreases to 9, and 8. It looks like a countdown.

Is that a timer? We can see the remaining time from there?

When the number turns into 1, the book floats into the air and changes into a shape of a round clock. The clock does not have a short hand. It only has a long hand to countdown the 5 minutes time.

Teacher: “Begin.”

Our 5 minutes is finally started.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translator note:
The start of the girl competition! 
Thanks for everyone's support, I feel really grateful. Although our group is quite new, but we have a lot of readers. Our site has reached 50,000 views in total. I was planning to translate 2 chapters as commemoration, but I get sick so I have to hold the plan. Hopefully, I can make it up next week. Stay warm during the wintertime and don't get out during the snowstorm or you will get sick like me. 


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.



Comments

  1. If it's raining, the headmaster will make an invincible roof for protection

    I think you meant invisible?

    Thank you for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the chapter! Hope you'll be fine soon🤗 Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prediction is that she will muscle her way through and find out accidentally that if the ropes are cut within a millisecond apart, then it acts like only one was cut.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment