Hazure Skill ‘Mapping’ wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Saikyou Party to Tomo ni Dungeon ni Idomu Chapter 37

Erin Fortloord and Her Weaknesses 


Translator: Masakibluei


Looking at Erin who is sleeping beside me makes me feel irritated. Especially because I wake up from my sleep every time I sense some monsters approaching with the <<Search Enemy>> art. The first thing that came to my mind when I sense a monster, is to wake her up and run away. However, looking at her tired figure I decided not to do so. Since the monster did not come in a herd, I used <<Stealth>> so many times to erase our presence.

Therefore, my sleeping time is much less compared to Erin’s. Despite having more sleeping time, Erin is still looked weaker than me. Looking at her state like that makes me feel a little bit frustrated.

I know that I’m just venting my anger to Erin. I want to blame others because I can’t afford it by myself. There has been no progress in getting out of this level which spurs out my frustration.  Currently, we are moving forward while avoiding the monsters as our high priority. As a result, we are not able to make any progress at all. Turning back to the previous path where we have just passed by has become daily occurrences. Sometimes we even have to make a big detour before we are able to move ahead. It’s not wise to keep moving ahead while monsters are scattering everywhere.

To begin with, we do not even know neither the location of the teleportation crystal nor the exit path from this place. I’m going to go crazy because of being stuck. The only salvation for this situation is my <<Mapping>> skill. By using this skill, I am able to see the path ahead and avoid being lost. Gradually I also get to understand the place structure of this level.

Theoretically speaking, if we continue to walk ahead like this, we should be able to find a teleportation crystal. Without <<Mapping>> skill, we would abandon all of our hope to escape this level. This is the first time that my trash skill is useful.

---Should I have a little bit of sleep? The monsters do not seem to come over here for a while.

I take a blanket from the item bag. The blanket is similar to the one Erin is using to cover herself. It’s lucky that I have the item bag with me. Inside the items bag are groceries and other dungeon exploration supplies. Out of the 6 Arrivers members, the items bags are handed only to me and Neme. Since we were planning to do only information gathering exploration at the 17th floor, there is not much stuff inside the bag. However, it should be enough to sustain us for the next several days. 

At the moment, we are barely able to survive due to this kind of luck. Even if there is only one thing that was missed, we would be dead already by now. Currently, I can only feel grateful about our current situation.

Huh. Something wakes me up instantly.

I’m shaken by the rising consciousness that arrives suddenly. Its monsters. The monsters are coming this way. And it is not only one, but a flock. The risk of staying and using <<Stealth>> to hide is too high. Soon after, I rush Erin who is still sleeping and wrapped in the blanket to wake up.

Note: “Oi, Wake up.”
Erin: “Um..What?”

Erin rubs her eyelids and turns up her body.

Note: “Monsters are coming here. We have to leave now.”

Erin: “I see…”

“It’s not the time for ‘I see’. We have to leave NOW.” I said while pulling her hand to make her awake. There is no light on her eyes. Under the dim light of the dungeon, her weakness and gloominess are clearly reflected in her eyes. Erin most likely already past her limit. Especially her mental state.

In the past couple of days, there was no confident or her usual bullish remark came from her mouth. She only keeps saying that she can’t do this or hate this. Furthermore, she has become quieter since we came here. Even today, she barely replied if I talked to her. She does not start any conversation and once she opens her mouth there are only feeble complaints that make me who hear it feel unpleasant. I have been trying to reassure and giving her hopes to move forward so I wish she would also do the same for me.  Otherwise, my heart will also break down.

I thought Erin was a strong and dependable person. But apparently, I overestimate her too much.

-----Erin now is completely useless.

Up until now, I have never considered her as a mentally weak person. Her presence now has become a little bit of a mental burden for me. I snatch Erin’s blanket and toss it away into the items bag. At this time, I grab her hand without a pause to hide my irritation and run with her.

How long have we been running? We have come to a stop because Erin has no energy left. At a side glance, Erin is roughly breathing and put her hands on both of her knees. For the time being, I consider us to be safe for a while. We were able to run away from those monsters.

Note: “Can you please fill up some water?”

I take a water bottle out of the bag and give it to Erin. Filling up the water supplies with <<Water>> spell is Erin’s role. It is a fact that we never encounter any water supplies problem because of Erin’s magic. Even though she is useless just up to a while ago, she still gives some contributions like this.

Erin: “…Yes”

Erin nods lightly and put her hand on her waist. She starts to look weird and rubs her body several times like she is searching for something. She is turning her neck several times and looking at her waist to confirm.

Erin: “…Not here! ...How come!?”

For some reason, I got a bad premonition by looking at her frantic expression while she is desperately looking for something.

Note: “What’s wrong?”

Erin: “The staff! I can’t find my magic staff!”

……………Seriously? Wow.

More than being angry, I’m more astounded by Erin.

While on the subject about the magic staff, I remember when Erin was sleeping, the magic staff was put aside by the wall. It’s possible that she forgot and left it there because she was rushed to run away.

Erin: “…The other pair of the magic staff is not in this items bag, isn’t it?”

Note: “…No. It’s with Neme.”

There are 2 items bag which the Arriver carries for the dungeon exploration. Inside the bag that I carry are items belong to me, Jin, and Rosalia. Meanwhile, Erin’s items are inside Neme’s bag.

Since she cannot perform any magic, Erin has finally lost her only contribution. In this case, she is really useless. I cannot overlook this situation;  I have to open my mouth.
 
Note: “It cannot be helped. Perhaps, it was left at the place where we rest before. After the monsters leave, Let’s go back and grab it. “

Erin: “………I’m sorry.”

Note: “It’s okay. I’m also at fault for not noticing it too.”

Looking at her crestfallen state, I will be overcome by guilt if I throw a fit on her. As much as possible, it’s better that I encourage her with kind and gentle words. 

 “For now, let’s take some rest. The monsters are still around our previous area after all.” I said while exchanging the empty water bottle on Erin’s hand with a blanket, “Don’t just sleep a little. You haven’t got any sleep, right?”

Previously when we were sleeping, she was only able to get some rest for less than 2 hours. she was awake instantly by me after I sensed a flock of monsters. It’s very dangerous to walk around in the dungeon without proper rest.
Erin: “…Thanks.”

After receiving the blanket, Erin lays down her body and rest. I’m also going to sleep for one hour. After that, I will think about our situation.

Being both mentally and physically exhausted, I shortly fall asleep.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translator note:
I'm stunned by Erin's negligence. The worst things can happen in this situation. Hopefully, things will get better. 

Previous TOC  Next Chapter


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or read our translation only at our site!

Comments

  1. Can't wait for them to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God Erin... If I were Note, I'd cry after Erin said that the staff has gone lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment