I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 4 Part 1

UNTIL I BECAME A RECEPTIONIST

CHAPTER 4 Part 1

Translator: Masakibluei
Two years have passed.  

I’ve become familiar with magic classes according to the blood magic type. My grades so far have been pretty good, and every time at the regular practice tests, the teacher always praises me, “As expected of Miss Hell.” which makes me extremely happy. I am the type of person who becomes embarrassed when I got praised, to the point if I got more praise, I will spew out ice from my mouth.

The magic exam is regularly being held. No matter when we always do some practice to prepare ourselves. The grades will be displayed as numbers, so you can right away tell if you are in a top position. And this time, it was just a written test, so there was no practical test. The questions are such as the definition of magic circle or to draw a magic diagram, and since I always review the class materials, there was no question that I cannot answer.

In my previous school, I was always the 1st rank. In this school too, I am eager to achieve the top with all of my willpower, effort, and guts. If it stays like that, the day when I become Haare’s employee is near. The scope is high, high, high.

“2nd again?!”

Or, that is something that I want to say.

“Don’t mind it. 2nd place is amazing too. Then I’m going to the classroom,” said Nike.

After giving me some words of encouragement, Nike shook her beautiful blonde twin tail hair and went into the classroom next door.

“No way…”, I sighed.
 
My pale blue hair is falling down as I feeling depressed. Whatever test I took, I have never been able to take the 1st rank. If you want to get a job at Haare, you need to be on the top rank, but you do not necessarily have to be the 1st. However, my pride does not allow me to accept it. I still determine to aim the 1st rank.

There is also a plan to ridicule those nobles who are looking down at commoners.

“a, you nobles. Is your grade worse than me who is a commoner? Isn’t that bad?”  is something that I want to say. 


Do not forget. Defeat the nobles.

But no matter hard I work, I am still not the 1st rank. I have been the 2nd place for thousands of years. I work hard every day to review the test materials, and I do my best to figure out the things that I do not understand until I get it. I work too hard to the point that Nike and Benjamin also said “Why don’t you marry your study materials?”. 

I still don’t get why they advise me that.

But if you still cannot get 1st rank, then you may not have studied enough. And this morning, when I complain during breakfast, Benjamin threaten me,” If you are thinking of making ice on top of the seat for practice, I will broil it with my fire.” This makes me persevere to not to do it.
 
Nanari: “2nd place, 2nd place.”

The examination result is posted by the wall in the corridor. The result is posted for everyone to see their rank and final score. The examination paper displays the result of all 150 students from the three batches class. I hang my head down in front of the result board. Other students sense the strong negative aura comes from me, then decide to avoid me and go inside the classroom.

Nanari: “Aaaa”

It’s useless to keep moping about the result in front of the results board. Let’s just go to the classroom quickly. When I go into the classroom, a familiar view that has not changed one bit comes into sight. Aah, by the way, my grades have not changed as well. I fall into depression again and laugh creepily.

Santanath: “Good morning Nanari”

Nanari: “Morning, Santanath.”

Santanath: “Yesterday I was playing Tiki Tola board game with Marley until late. I’m soo sleepy. I want to sleep.”

I climb up 20 stairs to go to my seat. Close by my seat, there is that 'hurdle' who has blonde hair. I try to avoid contact with him and settle down quietly on my chair. Santanath comes by and sits in front of me. Santanath makes a cheesy Tiki Tola gesture while rolling his eyes. His behaviour reminds me of my old man’s when he finishes working hard. His curly gin hair looks messy. There is a dark circle underneath his dark blue eyes. His gaze is more unfocused than usual due to a lack of sleep. He is a commoner just like me and a classmate of mine.

I wear a simple black one-piece dress like usual and sit down on my seat.

Nanari: “How is Benjamin?”

Santanath: “It’s impossible. My type is more like a big breasted older sister. I prefer older women, so the same age is impossible. Don’t you know?”

Nanari: “I have no interest in your type but your answer makes me a little bit mad.”

My vein pops up while looking at Santanath who makes a pair of mountains with his hand on his chest. It’s hard to judge a character from its cover. I thought he was a mature child. However, if you talk with him, you will find out that he is the type of guy who can turn women into his enemy. Even if his character is troublesome, Benjamin still likes him. Benjamin also asked me to look out for insects that try to approach him. I can’t seem to understand why.

Although both Santanath and I are commoners, this is not the reason why we are friends. In the beginning, I started to talk to him because Benjamin wants more information about him. Since then, we talk on regular basis and become friend. In addition, to be able to survive this grueling class, you need at least a companion. Aah, the normal school life. It’s happiness.

“Bugh!”

However, all in a sudden, my smiling face got punched by the one beside me. The squealing sound of breaking happiness comes in with the fist.

Lockman: “Ah, is that hurt? Sorry, I don’t see you.”

Jijiji. I rub my cheek with my hand to ease the pain. I glare at Lockman who just wakes up from his nap. He is yawning while stretching out his hand.

In my whole life, I never met an evil like him. No one wakes up in such a brute way.  

This rich bon bon. Even today as well, he wears a white shirt with a black vest on top. The vest is embroidered with gold strings in an elegant design. He also wears a pair of black pants and black boots.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Translator note:
Today we get to know more character. Happy reading!

If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a coffee



Comments

Post a Comment