Hazure Skill ‘Mapping’ wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Saikyou Party to Tomo ni Dungeon ni Idomu Chapter 32

The Beginning of Despair for the two of them Part 1 

Hi there,  this is Masakibluei.

Before you read my translation, I just want to share a little bit. Today I just found out that my content has been stolen by one aggregator site.  The site boasts to have the biggest light novel collections. They copied my translations without giving me credits and makes a profit through ads. What's even worse, they force people to pause adblocker. So, when you read the content on their sites, you will be forced to see a lot of intrusive ads as well. The site is called readlightnovel. Apparently, they did these to other translators as well. I think this is just pure evil and disgustingly greedy.

The series that they stole is this series (oh yea, they also put the work of the previous translator as well). I know that there is no other translator picking up this series other than me because this series was on hiatus for 2 years until I decide to pick it up. Moreover, the content is practically the same. I'm not relying on google translate and I'm also not following the paragraph structure from the raw either (this is too complex to explain so I won't say too much either.). What I'm trying to say, I can recognize it right away that is my work.

Regarding this matter, although I'm not happy about it, I decide that I won't do anything about it. I do not want to put any watermarks or logos on my translation nor spending time to pursue them. Rather than that, I prefer to concentrate on translating more chapters for you guys, my dear readers. I just want to raise some awareness of this.  At the end of the day, I will leave the decision to you all on where you want to read my translations. If you want to read from the original translator site with ease and nonintrusive ads, please come to this site. If you don't want to, you are free to do so.

This is my intake for the whole situation but other translators might not feel the same. Many translators stop translating due to the content being stolen. So I want you to think about it a little bit. If you stop supporting the original translator by not reading on their site and go on the stealer site, you are putting the series you like to be dropped by the translators. I recommend reading translations only from NU, because this is the source where the original translators share their releases. For those who stay with me, you will have my eternal gratitude. I will also continue my best to deliver a consistent update and improve the translation quality that can match up with your expectations. Thank you for hearing me out.  Enjoy reading!

Translator: Masakibluei
A few days ago, the Arrivers had moved up to another level. Today as well, we have devoted ourselves to the dungeon exploration. The place is the 17th floor. Once again, it’s a mysterious place where islands float in the middle of the sky. There are bridges made out of small rocks float in between the various size of floating islands. You can travel back and forth between the island with the bridge.  Navigating through the islands probably will lead you to the 18th floor’s gate.

 At present, rather than conquering the floor with all full-blown attacks, the Arrivers take a more cautious approach for this dungeon exploration. Basically, we wait and observe the situation first. On the previous 16th floor, there was an incident that happened out of our expectation. The members were fallen into a dilemma of being separated. We took some reflection from our past mistakes to leverage our preparation for the 17th floor. After we gain information about the distinct feature of this level, we will start our all-out attack strategy.

However, at the moment, this strategy is proven to be useless too. While defeating the monsters and investigating the floor’s situation, a mid-boss appears from the middle of the sky and starts to attack us. Apparently, we step into the Mid-Boss’s territory without realizing it.

A monster that is several times larger than a human stands in front of us. It has a very muscular body and wings. Stretched out from the body are 6 hands and it stands on two feet. A pair of antler sprout from its head. It looks very sturdy and reminds me of the horn of an ancient warrior’s helmet that made out of bone. Blood veins pop out above the muscles and can be seen clearly under the grey skin of the monster. With such a terrifying and monstrous creature as opposition, we are currently struggling really hard.

“<<Avoidance>>!”
Jin avoids a single punch from the Mid-boss. Right away, the monster launches another two additional strikes. Consequently, Jin casts <<Withdraw>> and distance himself from the monster. Then he decides that he should avoid getting closer to Mid-boss.

The other members can only watch the battle between Jin and Mid-boss. Even if they want to join the battle, they can not. The problem lies in the location where we are at the moment. Unfortunately, if we want to launch an attack toward the Mid-boss, we have to do it simultaneously while leaping between the floating rocks and islands. Therefore, the Arriver members are forced to fight while maintaining their balance on the floating rocks. The distance between the floating rocks and the nearby floating islands are quite far from each other. On top of that, the Mid-boss is extremely agile which makes it too difficult to withdraw from its attack.

There is also another problem that the members have to deal with. The numbers of traps in this level are overwhelming. There are traps scattered around the ground of the floating islands and inside of the floating rocks which are activated when you step on it. Therefore, up until now, we have been carefully removing the trap before proceeding ahead. In the middle of such a situation, we also have to deal with Mid-boss’s attacks. Since Jin is very agile and able to use trap-releasing art, in the meantime, the only person who can fight the Mid-boss back is Jin.

If there are no traps exist, Force or Rosalia might be able to help. Meanwhile, Erin who can launch long-range attacks is also tied up. On the contrary to its appearance, the Mid-boss is specialized in the long-ranged attacks. The Mid-boss spreads its wings and makes all the surrounding floating rocks fall towards you.

Since there is no other vanguard than Jin, Erin chooses not to join the battle for the sake of the security of the group. If Erin is also targeted by the enemy, it will become troublesome.

If you list all the troubles that the Arrivers are dealing at the moment, it’s sounded like that we are in a great predicament. In reality, we are not in a completely hopeless situation. Jin alone is capable to fight the Mid-boss. Jin successfully launches attacks on Mid-boss while diffusing traps on the rocks one after another using the <<Release Trap>> art.

Since he has to use <<Release Trap>> at the same time, Jin’s attacking speed is lower than usual but he is still superior in this battle. Gradually, the wounds on the Mid-boss’s body is increasing.  If it keeps on going like this, the Mid-boss will be defeated by Jin.

However, if Jin got hit even once, the situation will turn around in the opposite direction. I don’t think his slender body frame will be able to withstand the brute force attack from the monster. It’s a 50 50 chance situation. The battle will be ended either with Jin is striking the monster down first or he loses his stamina first and gets defeated. In order to support Jin, I diffuse the traps from a distance outside of the battle range as many as I can.

Don’t get in his way and make sure to avoid being targeted by the monster.

Using the <<Search Enemy>> art, I can ascertain the target of the monster. I can tell to some extent who is the monster is aiming at. While at it, I also activate the <<Stealth>> art to conceal my presence and avoid being targeted. After that, I diffuse the traps on the surrounding area with the <<Trap Release>> art.

It’s alright. It’s working out well. That was what I thought.

Suddenly the monster begins to scream very loudly. It makes my eardrum hurts that I close my ears in a hurry. Due to the scream, Jin’s hand stops for a moment. In a split second, the monster changes its target from Jin to Erin who is standing behind him.

Is it because Rosalia did not activate <<Target Focus>> art like usual? Or is it because Erin was standing on a bad spot?  

I don’t know why it changes its target. It might be just a coincidence.

The monster is flapping its wings and throws the surrounding rocks toward Erin. As expected of a genius magician, she reacts without any delay.

“<<Barrier>>!”

In front of her, a barrier is formed.
-----It’s useless. That was what I thought.
I frantically leap between the floating rocks toward Erin. Because I realize that rock is…

“Avoid it Erin! There is a trap on it!”

Hidden inside one of the rocks, is a trap. I leap like crazy but its too late. The trap touches Erin’s barrier and activate.

‘Ssssh’

Light is emitted from the trap. It envelops both me and Erin. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Translator note:
Its action time everyone. 

Previous TOC  Next Chapter




If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a coffee

Comments

  1. I just found this series has been continued, Thanks for the chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently the other site at least put in a "Visit the translator's website" link directing here. But they could've asked for permission or anything. Anyways, thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I1st: Thx for the Chapter. I prefer allways to read on the Translatorsides, but unfortunately there are often translatorsites that stop operating after a while (1 - 3 Years) and the chapters are no longer available/readable. So I think of those Sides, also regrettably without permission from translators, as a Backup of the Stories. I agree with you that it's not nice to do something like in such a Kind of Way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always read every novel from NU but if the link not work, i read from "mirror" web.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read up to 29 on readlightnovel then came here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment