I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 20 Part 1

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 20 Part 1

Translator: Masakibluei

Nanari: “Then, I’m sorry Zozo-san. I leave this to you, please. “

Zozo: “It’s alright, I’m free today after all. Thanks for your hard work.”

 

Because Zozo-san is going to give a personal report to Director Loctis, she lets me leave slightly earlier. She does not need to go that far, but I’m really grateful for her offer.

As I come out from Hare, I head toward the Duke Lockman’s residence with Lala.

 

Nanari: “It’s quite dark already.”

Lala: “Nanari-sama, please hop on top of my body.”

Nanari: “Thanks.”

 

I’m not using transportation magic not because I’m afraid that I will fail again. It’s because I don’t know who will be there at the meeting place. Therefore, I can’t use the teleportation magic. Moreover, in order to arrive discreetly, I cast the 7 colors magic onto me and Lala and take off.

Nanari: “Then, it might be better to fly to the west.”

 

When the sense of floating coming to my brain, I fly in a high spirit. This time, I know where the Duke’s residence is located. Under the King island, on the west side.

In the past, Marisa used to tell me about the location of Lockman’s residence and how amazing it was. However, I didn’t have any slightest interest in her stories. I feel bad about this, but I didn’t really like to pay any attention to her stories too. Even though this information is something that I have no interest in when I set off to return to Hare I knew the direction immediately after I left the Duke’s residence. I hate to admit it, but I know immediately that King island can be seen in the east direction from the residence.

The Lockman residence is really huge. In the garden, there are water fountains and a maze made out of flower gardens. The area is really spacious, which makes the residence looks like a small castle. The first time I saw the residence in a whole picture, my mouth was tied unconsciously and I kept staring at the peak of the residence.

Moreover, when you compare it to my house, my house is not even as big as a quarter of the garden. It was pretty obvious that other nobles' residences were also pale in comparison to his residence. Even though I have never seen any other nobles residences, other nobles' residences probably would not be as big as this. If many nobles residences are big like that, then there won’t be any space left for the citizen of this country to live. Not even for the size of a tiny particle left. I don’t have any intention to compete with his house, and I earnestly think that there is no need for a house to be that big.

 

 

The distance between Hare and our current destination is not that far. If I walk on foot to the place, then it would take hours to arrive. But it won’t take that much time when you go by riding your familiar.

 

Nanari: “Here should be fine.”

 

We are circling around the Duke Lockman’s residence and arrive at the back of the residence. Although it can be said that we are at the back of the residence, it’s not exactly right at the back of the building. We are at the back on the outside of the outer fences. The mansion that can be seen in a faraway distance, brings an extreme sense of alienation. My aunt’s house which is 3 blocks away from my parents' house is still closer.  What’s wrong with this place?

There is scarcely any traffic of people at the backside of the residence. Rather, the backside of the residence is pretty desolate. Although you can see a private house when you walk a little bit, the surrounding area is enclosed by wide spaces of greeneries and there is only a narrow dull path to walk on by the side.

 

Lala: “Nanari-sama, are you really going to accept the request? Even though that person is that Lockman’s father. “

Nanari: “……Well, I have no other option. Usually, if you break into a place like this without permission, you will get a good scolding. But he treated us kindly, and only asked for one help. “

Lala: “But, he asked you to come to a royal dance ball, right? Asking you to secretly come here is pretty suspicious. “

Nanari: “You are right.”

 

Since he only asked me to come here, I wait for the Duke while chatting with Lala. Coming to this place is not a big deal, but he did not give any concrete details on what he wanted me to do. What’s the best thing to do to deal with this? Moreover, this place is so huge. I’m not sure if I’m already in the right place. Even though the bell of the morning star will start to ring soon.

I lean my body on Lala who is sitting beside me. I bury my face into her soft furs and close my eyes. I cannot help myself from feeling tired because I came here right after I finished my work. I watch the sun which is about to be set completely from behind my eyelids.

 

Lala: “Are you feeling tired because of the demon case today?”

 

Looking at my tired figure, Lala licks my cheek.

 

Nanari: “No. I’m alright. I haven’t worked that much. Instead, I’m more worried about my client, Mariah-san.”

Lala: “……She is certainly worrisome.”

Nanari: “It’s great that I can afford to close my eyes and take some rest. But in Mariah-san’s case, she definitely won’t be able to sleep even if she wants to. There were dark circles under her eyes. “

 

To be honest, I feel tired both physically and mentally.

 

Nanari: “ The Demon……”

 

“I’m sorry that I made you wait.”

 

The refined voice of a man interrupts our conversation.

As I undo the 7 colored cloak magic that covered us, Duke Lockman is standing right in front of me. 

 

Nanari: “Your Gra-!”

 

I immediately raise my body up from Lala, and bows down to greet the Duke. My sleazy appearance has been exposed to him. He might see me as a sloppy person with a vulgar mouth now. That’s it. From now on, I don’t want to create a bad impression in front of other people again.

The Duke wears a tailcoat suit and stabs a blue indigo cane to the ground.


I shake my head and says, “I did not wait that long.” 

With a smile Duke Lockman says, “If that is the case, I’m relief.”

 

The Duke tells me to follow him and he leads me the way into the residence. The fence around the residence that suddenly disappears makes me feel nervous and I quietly follow him from behind. As we brazenly walk along the path crossing the garden, I begin to feel that it was meaningless to come here stealthily. Didn’t the Duke say that he didn’t want anyone to know about our meeting?

When I ask him if it is okay for us to be walking in the open like this, he replies that it is fine. Except for the servants of the residence, there is no one else in the area.

 

Then is it fine if we are seen by the servants?

 

Nanari: “Eh, are we going inside the mansion?”

 

The destination that we are walking to is the door that leads into the mansion. The Duke opens the door and leads me to go inside,” By all means, please come inside.” His gesture makes me bewildered.

 

What the heck am I doing……

 

Nanari: “Ehm, excuse me. What is the thing that Your Grace want to check? What am I going to do?”

 

Because I start to feel worried, I ask him.

 

Duke Lockman: “Alright……It should be fine to tell you now since no one is here.”

 

As I come inside, we are going into a room with red carpets on the floor. However, there is no couch, bookshelf, or table inside the room.

Is that a big wardrobe? That is the only thing that exists inside the room. The room is barren of other furniture except for a wardrobe stands in the middle of the room and a big mirror hanging on the wall. Inside the room, there are also three maids wearing blue uniforms standing in the middle. Even though the Duke said that there is no one else, but we are meeting other people right away after he said that.

 

What is this place?

Are nobles always spend so much splendor on this kind of room? I really don’t understand the nobles’ taste.

 

Duke Lockman: “Actually, the King orders a marriage between my son, Alves, and the 4th princess of Sheila kingdom, Princess Carolla.”

 

The Duke closes the door and continues to talk while leaving me dumbfounded.


Nanari: “Marriage? I see.”

 

He is going to marry a princess? 

I see. With a princess.

 

Nanari: “………Eh? MA, MARRIAGE!?”

 

Marriage? Who? That guy?

That guy will marry a princess?!

 

Nanari: “That guy, I mean Alves-sama! Eh, Marisa!?”

 

Mamamamamamarisaaa! Bad news, Marisa!!! The person that Marisa likes is going to marry!! Hey, Marisa!!

 

Duke Lockman: “Marisa? Aah, that beautiful daughter of Marquis Carmine, huh. She seems to like my son, but…… But it’s not going to work because we are the unimportant parts of the royal family.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------
Previous TOC  Next Chapter


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.


Comments