I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 19 Part 3

  HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 19 Part 3

Translator: Masakibluei

Harris ne-san puts her hand on Zozo-san’s shoulder and peeks from behind to see my face. She shakes her light brown hair away with a lively facial expression on her face.

 

Nanari: “?”

Harris: “When the Director has to share the information, she has to go personally to give the report. You see, the Chief of the Chivalric Order and the Director are not in a good term.”

 

Why does she look so happy about the fact that the Director will be in a bad mood? Her eyes behind her glasses are sparkling with excitement. But I have seen the Director in a bad mood so many times before, but I have never seen her together with the Chief in one place directly. If they met, will it be even worse?  It may lead to other things beyond throwing bugs or salts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes later, the application process of the request is finished. In addition to the request form, we also wrote down Mr. Gouda Klein’s characteristics. A large build man with short olive brown hair and a mustache. We also wrote down every little detail like the clothes that he was wearing and the time of his disappearance. Mariah-san comes again to Hare before the sun sets down to check out the applications and sign it.

Beneath the “Searching for a Missing Person” words written on the paper, there is some footnote added with red color: Emergency with a demon on the area. If the paper is written like this, the exorcists will pick on it faster than usual.

When we tell Mariah-san about the demon in the East forest, she is surprised at the news but at the same time, she seems to have guessed that it might be the case………She accepts the information very quickly.

 

Mariah: “As I thought……”

 

As I thought?

Based on her answer, is there something else that she knows? Thus, I ask her for more information.

With a frown on her face, she gives an apologetic face and tells me the reason.

 

Mariah: “I didn’t get to tell you about this before, but lately the pockels have been avoiding the East Forest. They don’t even want to get close to the fence. My husband also told me so many times, that the forest seems to get even darker. I thought it was just a baseless talk because so far there were no harm or incident happened. When I asked my Husband how the Pockel ran away from the fence, he also did not know why and how the Pockel ran. Will you be able to find him…?”

 

After she signs the paper, she starts to cry and asks this question. However, she immediately regains her composure right away and says these words with a lonely tone in her voice.

 

Mariah: “Who else can I believe in other than you, right?”

 

I lower my eyebrows and sympathize with her. It can’t be helped that she will worry about it. If it happens to my family, I won’t be able to hold my emotion. I can’t even wait for a day. When I think about Mariah-san who has been waiting for a day and a half without any news………Moreover, she also has a small child with her. Although she smiles when she hugs her child, it’s very obvious that she is forcing herself to be fine in front of her daughter. Furthermore, a similar case that happened on the North Forest has not been settled and there is no progress on that case up until now which makes her even more anxious.

 

Zozo: “Even though we could not guarantee that everything will be fine, all of us are praying for the safety of your husband. Let’s leave the rest of the matter to the exorcists.”

 

Zozo-san says those words to Mariah-san who is sitting on the wooden chair.

 

 

Nanari: “I hope they will find her husband.”

After Mariah-san left, I mutter those words while looking at the missing person paper that is pasted on the bulletin board. I am merely talking to myself, but Zozo-san who is right next to me gives out some response to my grumble.

 

Zozo: “We can only leave this whole matter to the exorcists to solve it.”

 

I look at the window and see the sun is slowly setting down. As we see the red colored sky, both of us let out a sigh together.

 

Zozo: “Nanari, you haven’t eaten yet, right? Shall we go to eat together? It will be my treat as I promised before. “

Nanari: “Yes……AH.”

 

My stomach is making a sound.

 

Zozo: “What’s wrong?”

Nanari: “No, Ehm, I have a plan after this. So, I’m sorry.”

Zozo: “Oh, I’m okay, but……Is your stomach alright?”

 

I have a plan with the Duke tonight……

 

Nanari: “It’s alright.”

 

Although there is some time left before the bell of the morning star rings, but there is no time for dinner. No, actually there is some time, but no matter what, I want to eat to my heart content after everything is over. Even though I hate to refuse Zozo-san’s invitation, but nothing I can do about it. By the way, I haven’t look properly at the handkerchief that is given by the Duke. He told me to go somewhere, is the address written on the handkerchief?

In order to avoid the lady next to me see the handkerchief, I stealthily take out the handkerchief out of the small bag. I open the handkerchief as slow as possible to avoid making any sound. On the handkerchief is written: ‘Behind the Duke residence.’

 

Michael: “There is something that I want to check. Accidentally I get to meet you, so I want to ask for your help.”

 

That was what he said, but what is his real objective?

From what I see, it’s undeniable that he was making this plan out of the blue. Either way, it’s obvious that his request will be quite a hassle. But I’m quite happy that he wants to rely on me. Therefore, regardless of the suspicious circumstances, I want to do this task perfectly without any blunder.

 

But truly, when I get involved with him, I get bad luck.

(When I go there, I will pretend that I don’t see him)

 

I don’t have any time to eat and I’m really hungry now.

 

Zozo: “Hei, Nanari”

Nanari: “Yeah?”

Zozo: “The place where we teleported by accident today, was that Duke Lockman’s residence, right?”

Nanari: “Yes.”

Zozo: “I’m so jealous~. You were in the same year as His grace’s son, right? You are close friend with him, right.”

Nanari: “No! We are not friends! That’s for sure!”

Zozo: “E? Is, is that so?”

 

Since we were teleported to Lockman’s residence, she has not asked any questions about it. But she consoles me and says, “Well, this kind of thing can happen too.”

 

However, she still thinks that it was weird that we ended up at that place. Thus, she becomes curious about the reason why we ended up there. Thus, she came to the conclusion that I might be close to Lockman. 

 

Nanari: “You see, in the first place……”

 

Since it was not something that I especially want to hide, I start to tell her my past with him. But rather than talking about all the detail of the back story, I just want to explain my deep grudge to her.  I did not hide the fact that being the 2nd rank was a humiliation to me, nor that he was my long arch nemesis. I tell her everything.

 

Zozo: “Oh my, so that’s what happened when you were a student. I see.”

 

Zozo-san nods her head a couple times while she is listening to my story.

In the past, I talked about this to my closed friends like Nike, Benjamin and Marisa so many times. However, they only replied, “alright, alright”, or “My ears have grown some callouses”, or, “Rather than that, you are talking too much about this,” to my stories that I earnestly told to them. This made me cried out on my pillow so many times. No one seemed to willingly listen to my stories. Even Benjamin chose to ignore my stories and preferred to listen to any kind of information about Santanath. It would be better if we talked about her cute love stories, but even my personal stories were less interesting than a story about Santanath falling down on the corridor.

Perhaps because this is the first time Zozo-san hears my story, she is listening to my stories attentively from the beginning to the end. At this moment, Zozo-san looks like a god in my eyes. Naturally, as human beings, we need emotional support. From now on, I will be Zozo-san’s loyal devotee.

 

Zozo: “So, you are close to him after all?”

Nanari: “It’s confirmed!”

 

I renounce my faith in Zozo-san.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translator note:
Hi, everyone, sorry that I have been away for a while. I got into a new position so it took me a while to get used to what I am doing now. Mostly I'm trying to figure out how I schedule my time and keeping with my personal projects on the side. Given that the city where I live is getting more Covid infection and the upcoming holiday season, it's just getting busier. I wish everybody stays healthy and safe wherever you are. 

--------
Previous TOC  Next Chapter


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.

Comments

  1. Just commenting to tell the chapter 19 part2 "next chapter" has no hiperlink to part 3, i had no idea this one was released. Keep the good work

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment