I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 19 Part 1

HARE EMPLOYMENT YEAR 1

CHAPTER 19 Part 1

Translator: Masakibluei

This time being we finally return to Hare. At first, I was thinking to go back by the usual method of riding on our familiar. However, Zozo-san encouraged me to not give up and try to cast the teleportation magic one more time. This time I hold both of my hands tightly and put all off my concentration on the single thought of going back to Hare so that we can safely arrive in Hare.

This time my teleportation magic success splendidly without any spot of mistake. With a sense of relief and accomplishment, I hug Zozo-san with all my heart.

 

Zozo: “You use too much force. I think right away that you are a beast.”

 

Even though she said this, as I thought, she is truly a good senpai. Zozo-san has a smaller body build compare to me, but in my eyes, she looks bigger. Going by the flow, I am thinking of apologizing to her once again. However, before I am able to say anything, she sews my mouth with magic and my gloominess is completely disappeared. No matter how hard I try to groan, I can’t make any noise out of my mouth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arquez: “Then, this is the leaf that the monster had touched?”

 

Arquez-san narrows his eyes as he looks at the light brown leaf on his hand. He twirls the leaf around and around.

 

Nanari: “Zozo-san familiar, Puru took it from the leaves under the monster. “

 

I peek at Arquez from behind and takes out the other leaf that Puru took from my bag. The leaf that Arquez has on his hand is light brown color while the one that I present on my hand now is green color.

It seems that Puru took at least two leaves with her for precaution. She is such a brilliant familiar. As always, Zozo-san’s Flying Lion familiar is very amazing. But Lala won’t lose to Puru too, you know………Hmm…What am I being competitive for?

 

Arquez: “If we have two leaves, then we might be able to have a clear image.”

 

At the moment the three of us are standing in the rear garden of Hare. It’s a place where the employees like to go on their break time. There are many logs that are used as a chair, big hammock swing to take a nap, and a fountain of drinking water.  This place is really good for resting your tired body.

For the time being, I want to hide the fact that my teleportation magic was a failure. Even though I do not tell anyone, I want to curl and conceal myself. Don’t look at me. Don’t look at the stupid me.

 

Nanari: “Please.”

Zozo: “Arquez, I leave this to you.”

Arquez: “What? My goodness. Pushing me to do this.”

 

I and Zozo-san come to this place especially to ask Arquez-san’s help to detect the memory from the leaves. Incidentally, he is in the middle of his lunch break. When we returned to Hare, there are fewer exorcists and clients in Hare. It seems that the peak time of the business has passed.  

 

Zozo: “I’m looking forward for the image~!”

Nanari: “Arquez Vice Chief, thank you for your help.”

Arquez: “I’m not a Vice Chief.”

 

Besides the three of us, there are other employees in this place too. Both white and black uniforms are mixing together, which brings a lively atmosphere. All of the employees of Hare are finally taking their break.

While they are barely able to keep their composure at work, in their break they start to let out some idle complaint while enjoying their lunch. Munching a small snack on the hand and eating their lunch.

 

How nice…I also want to have lunch as soon as possible.

 

However, for the sake of Mariah-san, we need to complete the request application. If I go and eat my lunch now, I won’t be able to enjoy it either. When she came to Hare, she came together with her child. As I saw her back figure leaving with her daughter, she looked much smaller than her daughter. She looked so pitiful.

 

“A worm has eaten some part of the leaf.”

 

Everyone starts to gather around Arquez and makes an observation on the leaves. These two leaves look like 2 ordinary dead leaves. Ordinary people will never know that these two leaves hold some important information within. Unless those people have very good reasoning brain, they won’t ever know.

 

Nanari: “I also want to quickly master memory detection.”

Zozo: “Yup yup, me too. Let’s work hard together.”

 

I can’t do memory detection yet, and I’m currently learning how to do it. It seems that Zozo-san is also not good at it. Despite being good at many other things, Zozo-san always leave this task to Arquez who is pretty good at memory detection. This task is something that we bring back, asking someone to help involuntarily makes me feel slightly disheartened. Even though he had already worked as our substitute for the reception desk when we left for the inspection, as soon as we came back, we came to him and earnestly begged him for his help. This task is not his responsibility, but we continuously bug him for his help. Certainly, Hare has a tendency to work together as a team. That being said, my feelings become slightly lighter.

But I don’t want to always rely on someone else. Someday I want to become a magician that people can rely on and believe in.

 

Arquez: “Then everyone, please give me some space.”

 

As he said that to the people around him, he put the leaves on the ground and point his index finger at it. When a magician cast this magic, he has to keep his concentration on the object. Thus, He fixes his gaze at the leaves and then makes counter clock circle movement with his finger while casting the spell.

 

---------------Puf…

 

After a while, a small light comes out from the leaves. The light is even smaller compared to the tip of a pinky finger. Then the light gradually grows bigger before it then shrank and turns into a black haze that is still connected to the leaves. It makes me think of fog.

As the fog grows bigger, it transforms into a shape.

Harris, one of the senior employees tap my shoulder and asks, “Nanari, was this creature with three eyes, the one that you saw?”

 

Nanari: “Yes, this is it. It has three eyes.”

 

Despite the imperfection of the shape made by the haze, there are 3 red purple eyes floating around. Then Arquez-san stops moving his finger counter clockwise and returns to clockwise. Following his action, the haze becomes denser and denser, and eventually, it makes up into a shape.

 

Arquez: “Is this it’s real form?”

 

This time Arquez-san stop moving his finger.

Next, we see a huge living creature with four feet. Despite its constitution, it seems to be able to walk on two feet as well on occasion. Around its face, it has 3 glowing eyes. Its tongue is particularly long that it reaches its chest. It has a grotesque appearance with sharp pointed ears. It has sharp teeth with the two of them are sticking out from its mouth. The surface? Or the skin? The skin looks shiny without any single hair. The black lustered skin seems to be sticky. I feel that we cannot touch the skin directly, but other than that I am completely clueless about this thing.

 

For the time being, let me conclude it in one word.

 

It’s creepy.

 

Arquez: “The tongue resembles of a human corpse.”

“A human corpse’s tongue looks like that?”

 

Arquez presses his lips and give a small yet heavy answer, “Yes…”

 

Human tongue?

This disturbing word suddenly comes out from his mouth. He said it’s a human corpse.

 

Arquez: “Well, it’s not as long as that, but…… Previously, I found a human corpse during a preliminary inspection in that area. That corpse was hanged vertically in mid air. The tongue of the human corpse was sticking out like that which made it looked creepy. Outside of the length, the tongue of this demon really resembles with that human corpse tongue. “

 

“What about other animal’s tongue?”

 

Arquez: “The shapes are different. Look at it carefully. The roundness of the tongue and the thickness.  If you compare with our tongue, you will find the resemblance. “

 

Zozo-san who is beside me shows her tongue to me to make a comparison. As he said, compared to Lala, lycoss’s tongue, or phoenix’s or even winged lion’s tongue, it looks more like a human tongue.

 

Arquez: “As you know, a demon does not have a fixed shape. Even if you say that they have a body structure that resembles a human, the look, body, and other characteristics as well as their magic type are completely different from humans. That’s all we can conclude about a demon. But the peculiar magic power is a common trait for a demon. They hold the power inside their body which is quite dreadful. Due to this power, it has a specialized attack to eradicate its enemy. It has no fixed shape, but the color of its skin is always black, muddy green, or ashen grey. To a certain degree, it’s easy to distinguish.”

 

“Then this time too, it will be able to distinguish too, right?”

Arquez: “Well, there is nothing that we can figure out more than this.”

 

As he said that, he snatches a food from the hand of one other employee who is in the middle of enjoying his lunch and eats it.

Hmmm…eating a half-eaten food of other is…………ill mannered, or maybe brave……or sloven. Even the person who was snatched from is flabbergasted from looking at him eating the half-eaten food casually.

Perhaps he is hungry because he misses his lunch to help us with our request. Actually, I’m also starving. But I won’t steal other people’s food.

 

Harris: “But Arquez. Have you seen this demon’s form somewhere? Even though I know that there is no fixed shape for a demon, but I feel like I have seen something similar like this.”

Arquez: “Eh? Aa……you are right.”

 

Harris tilts her head and starts to ponder. Meanwhile, Arquez who is still munching the food, nods in agreement. After that, he seems to be reminded of something and his face turns darker. His expression arouses more question into our mind and makes us pondering what is on his mind. For some reason, when I hear what Harris senpai said, I also feel it too……I feel that I have seen something similar like this before. It’s not like I have seen it in reality before. But maybe in a picture or something.

 

 Zozo: “That’s right. It’s that, isn’t it? Aristo Pigly’s thesis!”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translator note: 

Sorry for the late updates. I have become busier with works and I have no fixed schedule for each week. There will be a time when I might be late to update it, but I will try to update as soon as I can within a week. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the understanding. 

Aristo Pigly is being mentioned again. His thesis will be the clue to solve the mystery. 


--------
Previous TOC  Next Chapter


If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a cup of coffee or reading our translation at our site.


Comments

  1. Thanks a lot for ur hardwork and don't forget to keep healthy life habits even though u're busy. Health is so precious today. With covid all around today...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment