I Want to Be a Receptionist in the Magic World CHAPTER 3 Part 1

UNTIL I BECAME A RECEPTIONIST

CHAPTER 3 Part 1

translator: Masakibluei
It’s been half a year since I started attending school.

The classes were quite good, especially for those who want to study a lot like me, I feel really grateful. The classes were easy to understand since there were different teachers for each subject compared to only one teacher like my previous school, and if you want to ask a deeper question, the teachers are very knowledgeable about their field subject. There was not any question that would be unanswered. 

Yup, I’m glad that I go to this school.

 “Morning Nike”
“Morning Nanari. Your hair is all messed up”

Well, you are a girl after all! Nike is already combing her hair in front of the white sink. Compare to me who is still in my sleeping dress, Nike is already well dressing up in a beautiful yellow dress. 

 “Thanks”, I thanked her while looking back at her through the mirror.

This commoner girl called Nike is my roommate at the school dormitory.  She has beautiful blond hair and her impression is more like a pretty girl than cute. However, the person herself prefers to be cute and she always styles her hair into twin tail. But no matter how I look at it, it does not look cute.

When we first met, we were awkward with each other, but after half a year, automatically we started to get along well (we are roommate after all), and now we are practically friends with the same circumstances. Since we share the same goal, even if we were in different classes, we are able to understand each other.

Our goal is to “Beat up the nobles!”
That is our earnest wish.

“Oh, Nike is acting like a mom again?” said Benjamin as she comes to the dressing room. She is another girl who lives with us and has beautiful red hair. She is dressed lightly with more exposure to her body.
 
Her waist is wrapped around with a green cloth dangling with her legs sticking out. She gives out the impression of an older sister. Her legs are thin and beautiful.

In the dormitory, nobles, and commoners are separated. Three of us, me, Nike, and Benjamin are all commoners.

However, it's not like we are completely separated from the nobles. The commoners and nobles still live in the same dormitory but in terms of the room sharing, nobles will only share a room with other nobles and commoners with other commoners.

“Nanari, you should focus to increase your girl power than studying. “
Shut up, Benjamin.

“By the way, let’s go for breakfast quickly, we don’t have much time.”
“It’s already this late?”

Hearing Benjamin’s words, I moved my head away from Nike. Nike grumbled that she did not finish yet with my hair but I think it is already good enough. My hair has become silky and smooth when you touch it. Thanks to her, my dark brown hair is also shiny too. It’s great to have friends with overflowing girl power.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Unn~! Delicious!”

The three of us are now in the big dining room.

The dining room has the name “big” attached to it because it is really big and spacious. There are many students from different grades come to eat their meals. There are seniors and also students from smaller grades than us.

The meals are buffet style, you can choose whatever you like to put it on your plate and go to your seat and eat. The tables are pretty long. It can probably accommodate about 6 to 7 people. There are plenty of them line up in the dining room.
 
We take some vegetable and bread on our plates, and sit down in a vacant spot near to the door. The ceiling is made out of glass. I can see the floating island from here. It gives off a nice feeling.

“Benjamin! That was mine!”
“It’s your fault for not eating it fast”
“This kid!”
“Hii, don’t spill the gravy!”

I stab my deep friend rabbit bird on the plate. It's my favorite dish. The rabbit bird got its name because it has long ears just like a rabbit’s ears and its feathers’ color is light blue. The birds evolve to change the color into light blue. The light blue color of its feathers is similar to the color of the sky. It helps the birds to hide from people and other predators. The birds have such a rough life. In order to live on, they have to change their feathers’ color. But it's undeniable that their meats are so tasty.



“It’s not your clothes which is ruined!”
“Sorry”
“Aah, my clothes”

Benjamin’s green underskirt flew over the rabbit bird’s gravy. It laid exactly on top of it. In my opinion, it looked kind of artistic.  However, the clothes looked expensive and somehow Benjamin is mad and turning into a terrifying demon. Her expression then slowly changed and she becomes depressed. It was purely an accident.

 “Why are you wearing such expensive clothes to this kind of place? If you do not want to ruin it, then wear a normal one!”
“Why did you say that? Nike is so cold!”
“Sorry Benjamin, after this I will learn how to clean the dirty spot with magic.”
“Fu… You don’t need to go that far.”

The school does not have any uniform. It only has id card.
 
In general, everyone is free to wear any style of clothes. Nike always wears a dress with short collars and I also only wear a plain simple dress with a belt around my waist. Benjamin, on the other hand, is always fashionable. She always changes her styles everyday. Benjamin said that I do not have any sex appeal. Even if I was told that I do not have any sex appeal, I don’t care since sex appeal is unnecessary for my study. I really don’t care.  In the first place, we are only twelve years old and what do you care about how we look?

But it's different for the aristocrats.
Their looks are the display of the dignity of their household.

In case of Benjamin, she seems to have someone that she likes here, and I think it makes her cares more about appearance.

“Ah! Its Nath!”
“Santanath again? You do like him”

A silver-haired boy passes by the dining table. Benjamin enthusiastically called the boy’s name with sparkles on her eyes. Nike who was sitting in front of her looked astonished.

(Based on Nike’s story). The boy that Benjamin likes is Santanath. Apparently, Benjamin fell in love with him at first sight and felt it was destiny the moment she laid her eyes on him.

Benjamin’s crush, Santanath is one of my classmates. He is also a commoner.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In class.

 “Until now, I have been teaching you the basics of elemental magic. Today I will teach you an advanced level of elemental magic.”

The moment the teacher finished speaking, the class spontaneously became noisy.

“Teacher, are you talking about the 6 types of bloodline magic?”
“Yes”

We were confused at a sudden because we were supposed to have the usual theory class today not a practical class.

“Magic has classification. From now on, the textbook “6 Types of Mischiefs and Wisdom” will be distributed, so follow the instructions.”

Using the teacher’s floating magic, dozens of textbooks were flying all at once to the students’ desks. One of the books was fluttering like a butterfly, the paper of the book acted like its wings. It flew in front of me, closed its wings and descended gently on top of my desk.
 
I stared at the textbook in front of me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Translator note

Finally my first try on translation! When I first try to read the chapter, it was pretty long. I have no choice but to cut it in parts if I want to try to post more regularly. On the other hand, Nanari is such a cutie. I enjoy reading her funny remarks about everything.

TOC  Next Chapter




If you like our translation, please support us by buying us a coffee



Comments

  1. Thanks for continuing this translation! Merry Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was said that she has "Dark Brown Hair" but in the illustration it was sky blue. Is her hair gonna change because of something random magic?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment